Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Magnetic Fuel Conditioners (fuel ine magnets) - Do they work?
chrisdibor Offline
Ceedee

Magnetic Fuel Conditioners (fuel ine magnets) - Do they work?
Hi people,

I need some opinions here please. Has anyone tried the new types of magnetic fuel conditioners sold nowadays by various companies? Do they improve fuel economy in gas or diesel applications? I have seen some serious and other not so serious looking companies on the net swearing by neodymium magnets. They say the old crap sold in the past didnt work because they were not strong enough. Any truth in that?

Please only those who have actually used them, not those with theoretical opinions for or against

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Chris

Need to save fuel now....
03-26-2013 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: Magnetic Fuel Conditioners (fuel ine magnets) - Do they work?
(03-26-2013 06:46 AM)chrisdibor Wrote:  Hi people,

I need some opinions here please. Has anyone tried the new types of magnetic fuel conditioners sold nowadays by various companies? Do they improve fuel economy in gas or diesel applications? I have seen some serious and other not so serious looking companies on the net swearing by neodymium magnets. They say the old crap sold in the past didnt work because they were not strong enough. Any truth in that?

Please only those who have actually used them, not those with theoretical opinions for or against

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Chris

They don't work because there is nothing metal in fuel for the magnets to react on.
03-26-2013 03:23 PM
nuvisys Offline

RE: Magnetic Fuel Conditioners (fuel ine magnets) - Do they work?
(03-26-2013 03:23 PM)rpatzer Wrote:  
(03-26-2013 06:46 AM)chrisdibor Wrote:  Hi people,

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Chris

They don't work because there is nothing metal in fuel for the magnets to react on.

ordinary magnets, even magnets from speakers, do work but to a certain degree. the maximum savings ordinary permanent magnets (PM) could do is 5%-10%.

i've used magnetic devices since 1997. after installation, i traveled less than 20 kms and nothing happened. at that time, i concluded that magnets are scam devices. then i traveled more than 100kms. at the 50km mark, i noticed that the noise from the diesel engine became 'lost' and i thought that i was driving a gasoline car. from that time on, until now, i believe that magnets could save fuel. you have to experience it to believe it.

there are things to consider when installing magnets. (1) upon installation, there is no immediate effect. you have to drive 50-100kms for them to take effect. this is called 'learning effect/ conditioning period'. this may take a few days or ordinary use. (2) likewise, when the magnets are removed, you have to use the car for a few days for the car to revert to baseline conditions. this is called 'memory effect'. these phenomena are inherent for magnetic devices.

bear in mind that PM's could save a max of 10% because of its fixed field. a pulsing magnetic field could save up to 30%-highway driving( a feeble but pulsing field from electronic devices is better than a fixed field).

diantane, your magnetic device using monopole magnets is a new revelation for me. thanks for the info. do you have the info how much a vehicle could save using your concept? i assume, it could be more than 50%.
05-18-2014 06:40 PM