Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Magnets?
cjsride Offline

Magnets?
Anyone had any luck usint the fuel line magnets? Was planning on installing one in addition to the water vaporizer.
06-16-2008 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
prokev01 Offline

RE: Magnets?
Magnets, plasmas and so-called catalytic mileage solutions are also being promoted out there. These are absurd and not workable, except to take your money. Some of the biggest liars are those promoting magnets to boost mileage. They may claim their magnets reduce the molecular size of the fuel molecules to ridiculous small sizes BUT this reduction takes little on magnetic energy, according to them. In actuality there is no such thing. The base problem is that magnets and their fields can perform no work. They cannot transfer energy. It is impossible for a magnet to do work. Work is the same as energy expended. Look it up. So when fuel particles are vaporized, that action requires the absorption of energy by the particles that escape or become smaller. The remainder get cold from the loss of heat. This is the well known simple principle called the latent heat of evaporation. These crooks therefore claim to defy the rules of physics by saying their magnets create smaller particles. Impossible. Besides that, fuel is non-polar and remain invisible to a magnetic field. No magnet can influence a non-polar substance such as gasoline or diesel fuel. Plus there are 220 different molecules in gasoline but the con artists do not say which ingredient is the one affected by their miraculous magnets.
06-16-2008 05:39 PM
visek Offline

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/diy_magnet_use/
06-26-2008 02:30 PM
tangomar Offline

Unless some of fuel components are actually magnetically polarized (so then the magnets would make sense) I don't think this would make too much sense.

But I've seen before magnets used to remove metal contaminants from oil. Maybe they could be used to remove metal contaminats from fuel as well and prevent fuel filter clogging.
07-17-2008 10:56 AM
syncromon Offline

I bought some fuel magnets at harbor frieght a few years ago, they made no difference...figured it could not hurt to try since they were so cheap!

cjsride Wrote:Anyone had any luck usint the fuel line magnets? Was planning on installing one in addition to the water vaporizer.
07-17-2008 01:06 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Yeah, those fuel line magnets are a great $10 scam. You should also check out the "gas pill" and the "cardboard turbo" if you like that kind of stuff. Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-21-2008 11:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brosario49@ij.net Offline

syncromon Wrote:I bought some fuel magnets at harbor frieght a few years ago, they made no difference...figured it could not hurt to try since they were so cheap!

cjsride Wrote:Anyone had any luck usint the fuel line magnets? Was planning on installing one in addition to the water vaporizer.
Don't waste your time. I bought a couple, installed one on my truck with no results except that it looks like a giant wart on my fuel line. Shy
07-22-2008 07:06 AM
Liveguy Offline

Forget magnets on fuel lines unless they are charged and remain charged with a current from the battery. Fuel heaters are easy to make, already use the heat from the radiator which is already hot. Once you charge these, they can make minor changes to increased mpg but preheating the fuel before it enters the combustion chamber is always going to be a winner.

The goal is to make the petrol molecules dissociate as soon as they enter the ICE. I am surprised there isnt more talk about fuel heaters in this forum.

Magnets are great for other applications, when used with each other but useless on fuel lines unless continuously charged from another source as mentioned above, it cannot produce work of itself especially to another non-polar liquid.

Happy driving!
09-03-2008 01:30 AM
Liveguy Offline

I know a guy who is about to spend 100,000 pounds on a product that uses magnets on vehicle fuel lines to dissociate petrol molecules into broken states for easy combustion. The product which I wont mention yet supposedly guarantees mpg increases of 10-15% on both private and commercial transport vehicles including boats, tractors and trucks.

In my view, he is wasting his time and certainly money on this product. The whole world of magnets is amazing and very luring but we need to be wise about them. With a fuel heater properly designed and installed, it can produce the exact same results if not more and you can easily magnetize them for a few dollars. It might cost 20-30 dollars to make and install them as opposed to 300 dollars for this product.

There are so many products sold on hype as alot of manufacturers will only take on distributors who can guarantee certain quotas sold for them. You can easily get 10-15 percent increase in mpg by making sure your car is serviced regularly, changing to fully sysnthethic oils, by making sure your tyre pressure are at the correct psi's etc.

Thats just my two cents worth!
09-03-2008 01:42 AM
Dominic888 Offline

I had fuel magnets placed on my SUV and motorcycle. The SUV had no noticeable improvement at all but on my single cylinder Suzuki DRZ400S 2006 I had pronounced gain in horsepower. I used run 6000 rpm in order to cruise at 55 MPH now I cruise at 55 MPH at 5600 rpm.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2008 03:01 PM by Dominic888.)
09-20-2008 12:40 PM