Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Magnets?
Paulusgnome Offline

RE: Magnets?
How could that be, Dominic? Your DRZ400 has gear ratios fixed by the gearbox and chain drive. Are you telling us that the magnets somehow changed these ratios?
09-22-2008 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dominic888 Offline

I am telling you what I am reading on the gauges. I have an aftermarket speedometer/tachometer/trip counter gauge for off-road motorcycles called Trail Tech Vapor, it gives out digital readings. Nothing was changed on gearbox, chain drive and tires. The engine is stronger and also MPG increased by 9%. 9% increase on MPG is based on 2 fillup of 2.1 gallon tank. So, I will continue to keep tallies on the MPG.

This is not the first time I had the magnets on motorcylces. I had it on my previous 2000 Honda XR400, I had a power gain but never watch for fuel savings back then and the bike was mostly for off road use.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2008 06:45 PM by Dominic888.)
09-22-2008 02:07 PM
Paulusgnome Offline

Dominic888 Wrote:I am telling you what I am reading on the gauges. I have an aftermarket speedometer/tachometer/trip counter gauge for off-road motorcycles called Trail Tech Vapor, it gives out digital readings. Nothing was changed on gearbox, chain drive and tires. The engine is stronger and also MPG increased by 9%. 9% increase on MPG is based on 2 fillup of 2.1 gallon tank. So, I will continue to keep tallies on the MPG.

This is not the first time I had the magnets on motorcylces. I had it on my previous 2000 Honda XR400, I had a power gain but never watch for fuel savings back then and the bike was mostly for off road use.

Tends to suggest that the magnet is affecting the tacho or the speedo in some way, does it not?
Were the power gains that you noticed measured by seat-of-the-pants, or did you use another method?
09-22-2008 08:35 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

I remember once when I lost 10 pounds and then I "dropped the kids off at the pool" and then I went for a drive. I could swear my MPG and horsepower gains were astronomical!! Laugh

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
09-24-2008 11:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

RDKamikaze Wrote:I remember once when I lost 10 pounds and then I "dropped the kids off at the pool" and then I went for a drive. I could swear my MPG and horsepower gains were astronomical!! Laugh

I know you're joking Laugh

But I will tell you that our Taurus wagon loaded up for vacation will not respond as great when floored coming out of the tolls with my lead foot, my wife jokes that we drive a Ford not a FerrariBig Grin

Same goes for the Corolla- more so- As a commuter car for me alone in the car it is great...load it up with the family and a trunk full of groceries and the added weight makes a major difference. I still wonder how the same engine is used in a Lotus Big Grin

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
10-03-2008 10:26 AM
MadScientist Offline

I posted this reply on the thread titled, "Fuel Miser Magnets," but thought that others on this thread might benefit, so here it is.

Quick leason on magnets and fuel economy.

There are two primary crude oils used to produce gasoline and diesel fuel; Paraffin-Base and Asphalt-Base. Most of the world and especially North America's gasoline and diesel fuel is derived from asphalt-base crude (including Alaskan crude). Magnetic fields have NO USABLE EFFECT on Asphalt-Base crude refined fuels. However, Paraffin-Base fuel reacts much more favorably to magnetic field pulses.
This is where the "magnet" scams come in. Is there evidence that they work? Sort of, but needs to be a pulsed magnetic field and it must be on a Paraffin-Base refined fuel, which you would be hard pressed to find in todays refined fuels.
12-30-2008 07:41 PM
VortexLou Offline

There are a number of magnet products, which were originally designed for carburetor engines, that do not work on fuel injection engines. However, some magnets ARE different.

For anyone with an open mind, you might want to read some academic studies, published in peer reviewed periodicals, written by professors of physics, located at: http://vortexfuelsaver.com/literature_32.html, which includes both laboratory and real world testing.

There are also numerous real world customers' data and testimonials located at: http://vortexfuelsaver.com/proof_28.html concerning both significant improvement in MPG and dramatic reductions in emissions.

There is also an interesting rebuttal to the EPA/FTC tests conducted on fuel saving devices at the web site: http://vortexfuelsaver.com/page_27.html

Yes, as President of Vortex, so I have a vested interest in setting the record straight. We offer a 90-day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee (120 days for diesel), a Lifetime Warranty and free demonstrations for fleets of 10 or more. We are also confident enough in our product to offer fleets financing or a shared savings program.

If you want to shed light, not heat, on the subject, you can check out the web site: http://www.vortexfuelsaver.com and contact me through there.

Regards,
Lou Elwell
01-07-2009 07:14 AM
optimizer Offline

hello, I have been testing fuel magnets for about 8 months. I started out like most of you,skeptical. I searched the internet and found many offers. I looked them over and selected a unit that I thought would be easy to install. I ordered one unit and received it promptly. I have two vrhicles,a nissan altima v-6 and a nissan maxima v-6. I installed it on the maxima which is driven very little. I drove as usual mostly short trips around town. As I was driving I could tell a difference in the acceleration. It seemed snappier. It took awhile to drive enough distance to fill up the tank. I had been getting around 225 miles on 15 gals about 15 mpg. This time I didn't use the whole tank but got about 21 mpg. A good start. The maxima has about 87k on engine. i drove the car about 400 miles when one day engine sounded different, as if the transmission separated from the engine and was running freely. I gingerly pressed on the gas pedal to test it. It still sounded smoother and i gently pulled forward hoping not to hear any klanking noise. I pulled onto the highway proceeded to accelerate and the took off like it was brand new. Before it rattled and didn't have much zip,but now the car runs smooth and quiet and accelerates like a sports car.One of the benifits of the magnets is that will clean out all the gum and varnish that have been accumulating over the years in the fuel injectors and valves. After about 500 to 1000 miles you can check you oil and it will be black and lots of chunks of unburned carbon for your engine.
I ordered another unit from a different site but it looked the same. I received that no problem and put that on the altima,which had about 28k. We took a trip tp the Berkhire moutains, about 180 miles each way. I had never gotten more than 28 mpg in three years. I have a milage indicator in the dash and can monitor the mpg as I drive. We started out leaving though town and got up on the highway. We drove about 60-65mph and monitored the milage. Of course I was on the spot Because I had told the wife I installed the magnet so I had to get at least 1-2 mpg better. Well as we drove the milage would slowly rise 20mpg,21,22,23,24,25,It stayed at 25 for a few miles and I was starting to think (am I going to get Worse milage?) then the milage started to go up 26,27,28,29, now I was feeling a little bit more confident and started counting out to the wife, 30, 31,32 now I was feeling really good and the wife thought I was kidding her,33,34,35 by the time we had driven 150 miles the milage read 35.9, almost 8 mpg better than my best milage. That was june 08 and it is feb 09 and i have also put magnets on the air intake and have gotten as high as 39 mpg. In my opinion if you get the right magnet configuration you will get better milage. I ordered a large quantity of the magnets and have put them on my familys' cars and they have all seen better milage. My fathers' mercury marqius v-8 got over 29mpg just on a short 80 mile trip.
So check it out for your self. If You want a good website to order one just ask.
02-17-2009 07:06 PM
dingo Offline

(02-17-2009 07:06 PM)optimizer Wrote:  hello, I have been testing fuel magnets for about 8 months. I started out like most of you,skeptical. I searched the internet and found many offers. I looked them over and selected a unit that I thought would be easy to install. I ordered one unit and received it promptly. I have two vrhicles,a nissan altima v-6 and a nissan maxima v-6. I installed it on the maxima which is driven very little. I drove as usual mostly short trips around town. As I was driving I could tell a difference in the acceleration. It seemed snappier. It took awhile to drive enough distance to fill up the tank. I had been getting around 225 miles on 15 gals about 15 mpg. This time I didn't use the whole tank but got about 21 mpg. A good start. The maxima has about 87k on engine. i drove the car about 400 miles when one day engine sounded different, as if the transmission separated from the engine and was running freely. I gingerly pressed on the gas pedal to test it. It still sounded smoother and i gently pulled forward hoping not to hear any klanking noise. I pulled onto the highway proceeded to accelerate and the took off like it was brand new. Before it rattled and didn't have much zip,but now the car runs smooth and quiet and accelerates like a sports car.One of the benifits of the magnets is that will clean out all the gum and varnish that have been accumulating over the years in the fuel injectors and valves. After about 500 to 1000 miles you can check you oil and it will be black and lots of chunks of unburned carbon for your engine.
I ordered another unit from a different site but it looked the same. I received that no problem and put that on the altima,which had about 28k. We took a trip tp the Berkhire moutains, about 180 miles each way. I had never gotten more than 28 mpg in three years. I have a milage indicator in the dash and can monitor the mpg as I drive. We started out leaving though town and got up on the highway. We drove about 60-65mph and monitored the milage. Of course I was on the spot Because I had told the wife I installed the magnet so I had to get at least 1-2 mpg better. Well as we drove the milage would slowly rise 20mpg,21,22,23,24,25,It stayed at 25 for a few miles and I was starting to think (am I going to get Worse milage?) then the milage started to go up 26,27,28,29, now I was feeling a little bit more confident and started counting out to the wife, 30, 31,32 now I was feeling really good and the wife thought I was kidding her,33,34,35 by the time we had driven 150 miles the milage read 35.9, almost 8 mpg better than my best milage. That was june 08 and it is feb 09 and i have also put magnets on the air intake and have gotten as high as 39 mpg. In my opinion if you get the right magnet configuration you will get better milage. I ordered a large quantity of the magnets and have put them on my familys' cars and they have all seen better milage. My fathers' mercury marqius v-8 got over 29mpg just on a short 80 mile trip.
So check it out for your self. If You want a good website to order one just ask.

which websites did you order the two different units from ?
Sounds like you have some pretty substantial gains..so i guess its worth a shot.
02-18-2009 03:52 PM
optimizer Offline

Dingo, My first order of a magnet worked well, the only drawback was constuction. The magnets were held in place by some adhesive back velcro which under heat became goey and the magnets would clump up and slide out of position so I would not give that site. The second Magnet was from a auto parts dealer which was excellent, but I had to buy a large quantity to get a better price. Since then I have been ordering from a magnet manufacturer so if you want to build your own you can. One note magnets are useful in many ways besides just this application. I am treating my water with the same magnets. This gives a softening effect which improves taste and gives heathful effects. The Magnets will reorient the water molecules just like they do to fuel and just about any liquid. The water molecules will be spread apart and ionized so that all molecules are similarly charged so that they will repell each other thus minerals like magnesium and calcium which normally would attract and cake up on metal surfaces are left in liquid suspension and continue on there way. I have a furnace humidifier which used to need constant cleaning and pads, since I installed the magnets I haven't had to do any maintenance. Magnets are supposed to help with agriculture also. The ionized water molecules are smaller so they more easily absorbed by plants so they get more minerals than before. This ionized water is also more easily absorbed by the human body so hydration is enhanced and it tastes better too. To treat water and protect your water heater you should install one magnet to main water inlet pipe before any split offs and put one magnet on pipe just before going into water heating and one magnet on pipe just leaving water heater. Magnetic ionization is only affected by heat so water sitting in hot water tank can lose ionization after a few days. I am also trying magnets on my natural gas furnace,gas water heater,lawn mower, propane gas grill,gas stove. Magnets can be used gas generators,weed wackers Etc.
the web site is http://www.kjmagnetics.com there is a section products then scroll down to quick links and select other items then scroll down page in right column is fuel line magnets. Click on that and you will see prices. Should be 15 for one with a drop down menu if you want more than one.
When installing the magnet you should diconnect battery for 30 minutes to reset the computer to the new fuel treatment. Sometimes computers will need 1-5 drive sequences to learn new drive parameters. I did not have to do this on my fathers car or any other cars so far but it's good to cover that base. Also as with any powerful magnet do not expose your car computer or any senitive equipment to it.
As far as seeing results I have concluded the best way to compare milage results is to drive the same route on highway driving only. On highway you can duplicate driving easier than in town which is different all the time. If that is not possible, if you have an idea what milage you get on a full tank of gas in all around driving than you can take an average milage over 2-4 tanks of gas and tell from that. When using magnets they will initially start to clean out your injectors or carb. The fuel will burn hotter ,cleaner and after about 1000 miles or so check oil and problably change it. The oil will be black with burnt carbon and problably have chunks of carbon deposits from valves and injectors will be cleaned out so your car will run like new (unless there is mechanical problems) . When i tested my fathers car I asked him what milage he on trip up, he said 20 mpg. We filled tank and immediatly got on highway and took a 80 mile trip got off highway drove afew miles though town to our destination. Then we left on got back on highway and drove 80 miles back. When we got near home I tested response of engine and I could feel stronger acceleration when goosing it a few times. We got off highway went gas station and filled up and calculated milage. We used 5.4 gal. and went 160 miles.
As with any car driving responsibly by not standing on accelerator, jack rabbit starts, hard stops will enhance milage. You will experience quicker response and more torque and horsepower. The trade off will be use more horsepower get less milage, but you will always do better in either situation with magnets on.
I hope this will work for you as it has worked for me. i seem to find new applications everyday for magnets. good luck and if you have any questions i will try and answer them. Don
02-18-2009 06:03 PM