Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Major FRustration NO HHO!
Robert Ameigh Offline

Major FRustration NO HHO!
I replaced the water in my generators with new distilled water and added Sodium Hydroxide and sealed gen with teflon tape and the uct tape as backup. I started vehicle and no HHO Hydrogen. I have 14 .6 volts at pos connections and 12.5 volts on ground side of generators what is going on???my O2 sensor is at 330 and not sure what the map sensor is at it reads 8kpa on guage. my mileage went from 18.5 in town to 10.5 mpg. I cleaned the connections and made sure they are tight and I,m using 10guage wire for connections. Anybody have any idea's as I have spent hours trying to get the thing to produce hydrogen and very frustrated.This is a 2000 Bonneville SSEI supercharged V6Sad
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2008 07:12 PM by Robert Ameigh.)
06-24-2008 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

RE: Major FRustration NO HHO!
Hi Bob,

I went back and read all your posts to make sure you haven't answered these questions yet. If you have, I missed it so sorry. But, please let us know what kind of generator you built...or did you buy one? If so, which one? How many amps is your generator drawing cold...then how much after an hour? Where are you pumping the HHO into? I remember that you were getting with a friend who doubled his mileage on his diesel I believe...what did you two determine? Are you modifying sensors at the same time you're trying to get your generator up to speed?

I'm sure with these answers someone can help!

Don't give up! You'll get it to work!!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-24-2008 07:54 PM
a3holerman Offline

Bob,

You said "I have 14 .6 volts at pos connections and 12.5 volts on ground side of generators"

That isn't right. You should have alt/Bat voltage, 12.6-14.1, on the plus and "0" on the or neg terminal. This is with referance to ground.

Tom
06-26-2008 02:42 PM
Millsy Offline

It sounds like you need to check your ground for the unit. If you had a good ground the applied voltage should have dropped accross your gen. If there is no ground you would read voltage on both terminals of your gen.
I hope this helps
Millsy
06-26-2008 02:52 PM
Millsy Offline

Tom, you beat me to itWink
06-26-2008 02:54 PM
Robert Ameigh Offline

Ok here we go-tonight cleaned Generator and replaced ground from engine to neg side of generatoe did continuity check got strong signal. System working moved my wires nice and neatly to fender area out of sight and away goes the generator. Check voltage 14.3 and zero voltage at the grnd.but no HHO.Sunday I will run a 10 ga wire from panel under hood and solder all terminals before install and install 30 am circuit breaker in the accessory box under the hood. I will still use ground from engine block.Whats the best way to get power off the accessory panel so it can't come loose if I move any wires? It seems splicing the wires with crimp ons not very reliable.My generator leads are stainless bolts with a flat washer and a nut on both sides of the lid they keep coming loose any idea's on securing them so I don't loose the power and ground contacts for the 2 generators. My wife is ready to chuck the whole project and I'm almost to that point but I beleive this will work.
06-26-2008 09:43 PM
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up

Robert, I'm not sure what kind of generator you are running but I have had great success with this formula for electrolyte. I use 1 quart of white 5% acidity vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of Potassium Hydroxide with the rest of the system topped off with steam distilled water. I got the water at Walgreens pharmacy, it is marked for nursery (babies) purified water. The Potassium Hydroxide, you can get here.... http://www.braintan.com/

I did not have any luck with Sodium Hydroxide and I had no luck with straight vinegar, but with the above formula it gave me a good base to work with at 9-10 amps cold and 21 amps warmed up and a great HHO output. Good luck to you.

"Life is but a tire swing"
06-27-2008 08:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

How did you not have any luck with NaOH? Using an acidic solution is a known abuser of the SS plates. It wil destroly the catalytic layers that form on the surface of the plates that make them more efficient gas producers.

cantburn Wrote:Robert, I'm not sure what kind of generator you are running but I have had great success with this formula for electrolyte. I use 1 quart of white 5% acidity vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of Potassium Hydroxide with the rest of the system topped off with steam distilled water. I got the water at Walgreens pharmacy, it is marked for nursery (babies) purified water. The Potassium Hydroxide, you can get here.... http://www.braintan.com/

I did not have any luck with Sodium Hydroxide and I had no luck with straight vinegar, but with the above formula it gave me a good base to work with at 9-10 amps cold and 21 amps warmed up and a great HHO output. Good luck to you.
06-27-2008 09:05 AM
HerronPerformance Offline

For one thing you are probably getting KR out the BUTT with that much O2 offset. Those S/C'd V6s are just about maxed out in their tuning from GM (we have played with a few and they do not like much change from the factory settings) otherwise they get into Knock Retard and start dumping fuel and pulling timing....a terrible combo.

http://www.herronperformance.com
06-27-2008 09:12 AM
Robert Ameigh Offline

HerronPerformance Wrote:For one thing you are probably getting KR out the BUTT with that much O2 offset. Those S/C'd V6s are just about maxed out in their tuning from GM (we have played with a few and they do not like much change from the factory settings) otherwise they get into Knock Retard and start dumping fuel and pulling timing....a terrible combo.

WE SET THE O2 AT 160 LAST NIGHT B UT THE CAR DIED TWICE GOING TO WORK. wHAT SHOULD WE SET THE O2 AT AND THE MAP SENSOR READING FOR A START PERIOD? i BELEIVE THE SODIUM HYDROXIDE MAY BE A BAD CHOICE AS i ADD 1 TSP IN A QUART BOTTLE IS THAT ENOUGH OR TO LITTLE AND i HAVE THOUGHT i SHOULD PUT THE SECOND BOTTLE BACK IN ONCE WE GET THE GENERATOR TO PRODUCE hho AGAIN. iT ONLY PRODUCED hho FOR ABOUT 10 MIN THEN I MOVED MY POWER WIRES AWAY FROM THE ACCESS PANEL AND WHEN I CHECKED IT AGAIN IT WASN'T WORKING. i CHECKED VOLTS 14.3 AND THE GROUND WAS GROUNDED SO i REALLY BAFED AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON.tHIS CAR IS NOW ONLY GETTING 11 MPG BEFORE IN TOWN 18 TO 19 MPG IT SEEMS YOU GUYS HAVE PLAYED WITH THIS ENGINE SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.iS ANY ONE YOU GUYS HAVE ANY RESULTS ON hho IN A SC V6 YET? WHAT KIND OF GEN DO YOU USE?::)aLSO ANYONE KNOW WHO i CAN TALK WITH ABOUT MY SITUATION WITH hho i CAN CALL FROM pHOENIX 602-332-0559 OR 602-795-7295 thx
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 10:11 AM by Robert Ameigh.)
06-27-2008 10:05 AM