Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Map sensor adjuster
glbart Offline

Map sensor adjuster
I built the map adjuster,LM317T adjuster. But my car will not run for long when it is switched on. Do I need another EFIE to control my map?? The map sensor readings constantly change like the o2 . Will not work at a fixed value. The lm317t adjuster set-up, sets it at a fixed value. Or did I make it wrong????
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2008 05:06 AM by glbart.)
07-01-2008 05:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rebel Offline

RE: Map sensor adjuster
First of all, did you preset the trim pot so that 5 volts appears on the adjusted voltage before hooking it into the circuit? This has to be done first. Make sure that you have the SPDT toggle switch wired correctly.

The B terminal on my diagram is actually the common terminal (usually the middle terminal) and should be wired to the wire supplying voltage to the MAP sensor. The one marked C is the 5 volt suppy from the ECU and A will have the Adjusted voltage from the LM317T. When the switch is switched to the 5 volt supply from the ECU your car will run even if you made a mistake in the other wiring.

The car should run as well if in the other position (Adjusted) if you had preset the trim pot to 5 volts..... By the way there is no "ON" position with the switch....It either switched to "Normal" (gets its voltage from the ECU) or "Adjusted" (getting its adjusted voltage from the LM317T)... Hope this helps ... Rebel
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2008 02:47 PM by rebel.)
07-02-2008 02:37 PM
rebel Offline

RE: Map sensor adjuster
By the way I forgot to comment on the EFIE. No, the EFIE is not used on the MAP sensor, it is only used for the O2 Sensor(s)
07-02-2008 02:40 PM