Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Measuring HHO Output
LessGass Offline

Measuring HHO Output
How is everyone measuring their HHO output. I keep seeing everyone posting flows in LPM. I have seen a few setups on the internet......which one works the best???

Thanks,
LessGass

1994 Honda Civic EX, 1.6 Liter VTEC, Automatic
Single EFIE
MAP Enhancer
Two Mason Jars wired in series
05-06-2008 02:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

RE: Measuring HHO Output
Measuring the flow is actually quite easy. Here is the most foolproof method I've found so far.

Take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it about 2/3 with water.
find a bottle with a relatively even volume, 500ml, 1 liter, 2 liter, etc. keep in mind if you are talking low flows a 2 liter bottle may take some time to get a measurement.

Fill your bottle with water from the bucket and keep it submerged upside down with no air inside.

Take the gas out hose from your electrolyzer and place it inside the bottle, while keeping it submerged and upside down.

Start a time and record the time it takes for the gas to displace the water out of the bottle.

If it takes 2 minute to fill a 1 liter bottle that means you are flowing .5 liters per minute, or 30 liters per hour.

Please be careful with any sparks or flame in the area. Even with a bucket full of water you have a very dangerous mixture in that bottle.

Alex

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
05-06-2008 03:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LessGass Offline

AlexR Wrote:Measuring the flow is actually quite easy. Here is the most foolproof method I've found so far.

Take a 5 gallon bucket and fill it about 2/3 with water.
find a bottle with a relatively even volume, 500ml, 1 liter, 2 liter, etc. keep in mind if you are talking low flows a 2 liter bottle may take some time to get a measurement.

Fill your bottle with water from the bucket and keep it submerged upside down with no air inside.

Take the gas out hose from your electrolyzer and place it inside the bottle, while keeping it submerged and upside down.

Start a time and record the time it takes for the gas to displace the water out of the bottle.

If it takes 2 minute to fill a 1 liter bottle that means you are flowing .5 liters per minute, or 30 liters per hour.

Please be careful with any sparks or flame in the area. Even with a bucket full of water you have a very dangerous mixture in that bottle.

Alex

Thanks, I'll try it today and see what happens.

LessGass

1994 Honda Civic EX, 1.6 Liter VTEC, Automatic
Single EFIE
MAP Enhancer
Two Mason Jars wired in series
05-06-2008 07:53 AM
wallace Offline

I'm using a Water4Gas cell and it has a pressure relief valve at the top of the cell.

i'd like to measure HHO output with the bucket/bottle method, but i think that some of my output would go out the relief valve and i don't want to close it off. what could i do to measure HHO output?
11-04-2008 07:58 AM