Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Measuring Lpm-How is it done
rps2100 Offline

Exclamation Measuring Lpm-How is it done
Can some tell me how to measure the gaz flow of HHO so i can tell what the lpm is, photos and diagrams would be great?

Also, if you could recomend an amp meter to measure upto and above 20amps, that would be great?
05-07-2010 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Measuring Lpm-How is it done
(05-07-2010 11:01 PM)rps2100 Wrote:  Can some tell me how to measure the gaz flow of HHO so i can tell what the lpm is, photos and diagrams would be great?

Also, if you could recomend an amp meter to measure upto and above 20amps, that would be great?
All you need is a 2 litre, 1 litre or .5 litre plastic bottle, a pale of water and hose from your generator to the bucket. Fill the bucket and your bottle with water; submerge the neck of the bottle (neck down) just below the surface of the water; place your HHO tube into the neck and time how long it takes to displace the water. If you used a 2 litre bottle and it took 60 seconds to displace all the water you know you're producing 2 lpm.

If you live in the U.S. Harbour Freight has an ammeter for less than $5.00. I prefer the digital variety, but you have to use a shunt. There are some good Chinese digital ammeters with shunts for about $10.00. Problem is it takes about 3 weeks to ship and they usually send by certified mail; thus a trip to the post office. Good luck.
05-08-2010 02:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoover1 Offline

RE: Measuring Lpm-How is it done
4in abs tube, 1ft long. closed at bottom, open at top, fill w/water to below top. known volume plastic bottle. as in 1liter. glue a flat washer to bottom, bottle sits uprite, hose from cell to bottle top, seal up. hole in bottom of bottle to let out air/water. put in colum of water, mark where it floats, for start point. turn on hho gen. start watch timer, i have one on cell phone, note seconds it takes for bottle to rise to top. mult seconds times fraction of minute. say 30 sec's times 2 = LPM or divide if takes longer than 60 sec's. the automotive ammeters everyone sells is scaled way too high to be of any use!, get an led read out meter, or an old panel type analog, 30amp max, i found 2 NOS (new-old-stock) on ebay cheap!

http://hoover1.typepad.com/
07-28-2010 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply