Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minimal results 03 kia spectra
j_eberst Offline

Minimal results 03 kia spectra
I have an 03 kia spectra that I've run a few tanks through with hho at this point. The most gains I'm getting is about 3 mpg. I have an efie that I keep adjusting between .10 v and .30 v but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference (1-2mpg) unless I turn it to high where it kills my gas mileage. I have my gen only pulling 5 amps using baking soda and going into the air intake. my hho production does seem a little low, somewhere in the area of .2 lpm however I have bumped the amperage up to about 18 it still didn't seem to make much of a difference. The two things I am considering changing are hooking it into the pcv system instead of the air intake or changing my cell design. right now my cell design uses s.s. exhaust tubing in a pvc container. with 3 exhaust tubes in a [ + n -] configuration. I have also tried a smack booster but at the same amperage the exhaust tubes seem to produce more gas. Thanks to anyone who can help.
07-28-2008 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Minimal results 03 kia spectra
3 mpg with only 5 amps is pretty good.

I don't understand what "3 exhaust tubes in a [ + n -] configuration" means.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-28-2008 04:41 PM
j_eberst Offline

do you think that with more amps I might get more mpg? the exhaust tubes are s.s. automotive exhaust tubes cut to be 9 inches long. The largest one is about 2 1/2" diameter with the two others being slightly smaller so they fit inside of each other. I can't recall the exact spacing but they give a very large amount of surface area inside. When I add electrolyte it only takes a very small amount to get more than 20 amps (1 tsp) baking soda will bring it to 20 amps in about 15 min. at 20 amps I am getting somewhere in the area of .8 lpm I'm wondering if I should increase the amp draw to try to get more out of it. 3 mpg isn't bad but I get the feeling I could be getting that from changes in driving habits. I have talked to a few other people in the area who are getting far better results, but using far simpler generators like the water4gas jar.
07-28-2008 04:55 PM
colchiro Offline

There's a lot of people here who get no mileage gain or a mileage loss.Hmm

So 3 concentric tubes. Can I assume inside and outside are connected to +12 and the middle one is connected to nothing (it's a neutral)? (+ N -)

OR is the outside connected to inside and the middle is the opposite charge? (+ - +) OR (- + -)

How does 3 times the hho with the same amperage sound to you? That would involve building a couple more units.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-28-2008 05:05 PM
j_eberst Offline

The outside tube is + the middle is neutral not connected to anything else and the inner tube is - the gas production seems better than the smacks booster that i built. I have another of the tube generator built already but space is tight underneath the hood. I was hoping to find someone else with a similar vehicle who was able to get better results. I think I also need to find a better setting for my efie, in addition to changing where I'm injecting the hydrogen.
07-28-2008 06:41 PM
colchiro Offline

Ok, then your cell would be best with 4 to 6 volts on it. Consider building one more cell and hooking the two in series. It should be twice as efficient (less heat, more hho).

This is series:

+12v --- (cell1) ---- (cell2) --- gnd

In theory, you could cut your cylinders in half and put each in it's own cell, but I suspect you have a source for more.

Rick

07-28-2008 07:11 PM
CraigBMM Offline

colchiro Wrote:Ok, then your cell would be best with 4 to 6 volts on it. Consider building one more cell and hooking the two in series. It should be twice as efficient (less heat, more hho).

This is series:

+12v --- (cell1) ---- (cell2) --- gnd

In theory, you could cut your cylinders in half and put each in it's own cell, but I suspect you have a source for more.

i would add another cell like he says and add a map controller , this leans the gasoline much more than an efie , i use both and my map control is da bomb .. can actually stall my car with it leaning it way out . thats what you need .. to be able to lean it way out then bring it back till it runs smooth . also try to go to both intakes, add a pcv intake also and add the copper tubing routing the gas over the manifold for sure .. be amazed at the increase in power from just doing that . all my installs now will have the copper tube warming the HHO gas before goig in . gl
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2008 09:37 PM by CraigBMM.)
07-28-2008 09:36 PM
j_eberst Offline

I hooked into the pcv system alone today instead of going to the throttle body because I don't have anymore check valves Sad I'm hopeful it feels different than it did before. but I'm worried that its sucking in too much oxygen from somewhere because my bubbler has a lot of extra bubbles in it. I guess I have a vacuum leak, It drives fine so I'm wondering if I need to fix it or if it will be fine.
07-29-2008 02:36 PM
colchiro Offline

Hooking into vacuum makes it a lot easier to suck all your electrolyte into the engine too so keep an eye on it.Hmm

Rick

07-29-2008 03:18 PM