Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modding both sensors
cmac0351 Offline

Modding both sensors
This post came from Madcosm's blog, so I thought I would share,

"Remember, the MAP will take over A/F mix signalling to the ECM under certain "load" conditions and under those conditions the O2 sensor can be showing VERY high and seem like a paradox. The thing to remember there is that under MAP-dominant conditions, the ECM is completely ignoring the O2 sensor. Other sensor signals play a part but this is a good example of what you might see as a paradox, when in fact your fuel-management system programmed into your ECM is doing precisely what it's supposed to do (in this case, looking at the MAP instead of the O2 sensor under certain prescribed conditions)."

If this is true, I believe we would do better to mod the o2 and MAF/MAP. Any thoughts to add?
07-18-2008 05:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: Modding both sensors
The only time the O2 sensor is in open loop is when it is cold or when the car is under load. Both of these conditions are temporary and will not make a difference in long term driving.
When ever you "tromp" on it, it is for very short bursts, i.e., passing, evading arrest, spousal escape. Focus on normal driving.
07-18-2008 07:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply