Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More than 350mV
CrisGt Offline

Sad More than 350mV
Hi again!, after change all my Oxygen Sensor try to adjust as the manual says, but if adjust less than 350mV my car doesn't work well! in fact i set on 360mV and my car loose some power.

When my car it's on in low rpm 800-1000 I'm not sure about the leds, should be on or should be off??? in my case are on and off, could be something wrong connected? thanks

Or my car doesn't work for that device???
01-20-2014 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: More than 350mV
(01-20-2014 09:34 AM)CrisGt Wrote:  Hi again!, after change all my Oxygen Sensor try to adjust as the manual says, but if adjust less than 350mV my car doesn't work well! in fact i set on 360mV and my car loose some power.

When my car it's on in low rpm 800-1000 I'm not sure about the leds, should be on or should be off??? in my case are on and off, could be something wrong connected? thanks

Or my car doesn't work for that device???

The LEDs should be blinking on and off. It sounds like you have installed the EFIE correctly.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-27-2014 05:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrisGt Offline

Hey Mike! you come back Wink, well i tried another things the last weekend and the instalation it's correct! so any idea why lossing power? or my car doesn't support???? :'(, I red other forums and said to install a new aire filter K&N what do you think about it could be better? thanks.
01-27-2014 06:52 PM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

Hi Cris,
You are losing power because you are leaning the engine too much. When you feel that loss in power that's as high as you can set the efie. Use this procedure to get it set on the downstream if you have those sensors.

If the power is removed the green and red light should be off.  The red light is a power light to let you know the unit is on.  The green activity light comes on when the sensor reads rich.  The unit sees the richer voltage and puts out around 800mV depending on where you have it set it can be 700 or 900mV.  When your O2 sensor reads leaner or lower voltage the green led will go off and the Efie will put out around 210mV or higher depending on the setting.  Start your upstream out at 325.  Then work your way down.
1. Set downstream efie to 200mV.
2. Set upstream to 400mV.  Drive for a block or two and make sure you have no loss in power.
3. Stop and reset efie to 385mV.  Drive for a block or two and make sure you have no loss in power.
4. Stop and reset efie to 370mV. Drive for a block or two and make sure you have no loss in power.
5. Stop and reset efie to 360mV. Drive for a block or two and make sure you have no loss in power.
Are you getting where I'm going with this?  Continue this pattern, lowering the setting by about 15mV until you feel the loss in power.  When you feel the loss in power stop and turn the upstream digital efie back up 10mV and see if the loss in power goes away.  If not go back up another 5mV.  The lower the mV upstream efie setting the leaner you are making your air/fuel mix.  Clock-wise is leaner, counter clock-wise will richen the mix. 

Now move to the downstream.  This is an analog efie, it works opposite.  You are adding voltage to the existing signal instead of simulating it as the digital does. As the mV setting goes higher you are sending a richer signal to the computer which responds by leaning the engine.  The higher the mV setting the leaner the air/fuel mix.  There should be no loss in power at this point.

6. Raise the downstream setting by 15-20mV.  Drive for a block or two and make sure you have no loss in power.
7. Stop and raise the downstream setting to 240mV. Drive for a block or two and make sure you have no loss in power.
8. Continue this pattern until you feel the loss in power.  Then lower the setting by 10mV and see if the loss in power goes away.  Now your efie is set as high as you can set it.
01-30-2014 11:40 AM
CrisGt Offline

Thanks!, I started as you describe but....
Dowstream 200mV, upstream 360mV no loss in power, 350mV no loss in power but check ligth on Sad, any advice about it? I was reading the upstream shouldn't use more than 350mV Sad? thansk.
02-07-2014 04:28 AM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

We say that because normally we don't see settings higher than that. You may find you need a setting higher than 350mV. When we see settings this high we recommend changing your O2 sensors. Do you know what the check engine code was? Some ECUs have a minimum fuel flow amount that won't let you feel the loss in power. An OBD2 scanner that plugs into a laptop can help if you have that feature. FuelSaver-MPG offers one here,
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/components/...sb-version
03-05-2014 02:05 PM
CrisGt Offline

(03-05-2014 02:05 PM)LittleGreenDot Wrote:  We say that because normally we don't see settings higher than that. You may find you need a setting higher than 350mV. When we see settings this high we recommend changing your O2 sensors. Do you know what the check engine code was? Some ECUs have a minimum fuel flow amount that won't let you feel the loss in power. An OBD2 scanner that plugs into a laptop can help if you have that feature. FuelSaver-MPG offers one here,
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/components/...sb-version

Hi, all the O2 sensors are new, i got set on 330mV upstream and downstream 240mV, i have a odb2 scanner :-D, and the code P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold.
Any advice about it?
It's necesary to install MAF enhancer??? thanks in advance.
03-06-2014 06:47 AM
CrisGt Offline

Nobody????
04-19-2014 08:00 PM
CrisGt Offline

I can't read all your answer!!! pls no more...
05-07-2014 08:08 PM
mike Offline

Reduce the downstream millivolts. The computer is telling you the cat isn't working. That's because the EFIE is making the cat signal look too rich.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-08-2014 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply