Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Most forgiving ECU
Hobs Offline

Most forgiving ECU
Hello All,

I was wondering which car manufacture's ECU is the most programmable. I had heard that Fords are nortoriousy hard to use a EFIE with. Is that true?

Which manufacture's ECU have you been able to tweak the most without going into a open loop?

Thanks
02-09-2011 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Most forgiving ECU
We've been able to do all of them with our new digital EFIE. Later model cars are a little touchier as to the exact best setting. But they all respond as far as I know.

Sorry, but I don't have a good answer to your question. Vehicles that have been troublesome have been Mercedes, Toyota Tundras, and Jeeps. I don't know of any that have never been solved, but some of those needed additional sensor enhancers, such as a MAP as well as an EFIE. However, this is almost never needed.

The problems you've heard of with Ford were likely people who didn't know that Ford uses their downstream sensors are part of the air/fuel ratio calculations and didn't treat them. We don't have trouble with Ford guys using our Quad Digital EFIE, which treats all 4 sensors.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-09-2011 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply