Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multitester reading of EFIE wires
blackx777 Offline

Multitester reading of EFIE wires
Hi,
I am wanting to know if the white/computer wire should have the same reading on a multitester as the probe points on the EFIE? Mine reads 0. I am trying to trouble shoot my system. I have been running double Water4Gas jars with MAP Enhancer and EFIE and have had no increase in mileage, actually it has gotten worse. Which is to be expected with a no EFIE. My multitester readings also constantly fluctuate. Idle is different from cruise control/ level road is different from when pulling a hill. I have noticed other users having this problem.
06-22-2008 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Multitester reading of EFIE wires
Ok, I'm assuming from context that you have a Single EFIE Deluxe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The white wire is connected directly to the red test port. The green wire is connected directly to the black test port. So, with the EFIE on, you should have voltage between the red and black test ports.

I don't know what you mean by it reads 0. What reads 0. Are you measuring volts? If so what points are you placing both electrodes on? You're saying you get 0 volts between white wire and ground?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-22-2008 10:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blackx777 Offline

Hi Mike! How's it going? Must be hectic moderating all this stuff? Ok. Yes it is a single EFIE Deluxe. I did test white wire and ground, which is why I got 0 on the multitester. Sorry. I went back and tested white to green with the tester and got same voltage as on the ports. So I must have the incorrect wire in the truck's harness. Just for clarification: When testing for the o2 wire, what setting should the multitester be on: 20 v, 200 mv, or 2000mv? I know I saw the readouts on here somewhere, as well as on my directions, so I'll go back and start over. You know, there are thousands of shades of colors and color combinations, why in the world did GM use 5 purple wires in my harness???? "There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over". Ha!
06-23-2008 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

2000 mv should work fine for testing the sensor's signal wire. You'll be looking for .3 to .8 or so (300 to 800 mv), constantly changing. That's with the engine running and warmed up a bit. And that's from the signal wire to ground.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-25-2008 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply