My H2 Generator Plans
mgmrick Offline

RE: My H2 Generator Plans
I have build 1 waiting for it to dry....results to follow
09-11-2008 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prairie360 Offline

Howdy folks.... Newbie to this forum.... bear with me as I have a question.

Have you (Hydrodine) measured the output of each side to know the the H2 is separated from the oxygen effectively? In other words, it appears in the plans that the divider is set to the midpoint of the long axis of the chamber. Does the placement of the divider at this location provide the greatest degree of separation? Curious about the rationale for divider placement and whether anyone has looked at the gas output and the "purity" of the gases produced.
09-16-2008 11:09 AM
Gary Offline

My four tubeinnabath unit is a water heater that could make coffee...and boils off the water, so I think Rick was right about uneven plate sizes creating heat. I'm running it to death anyway for now, while I'm building my 6-cell series separator unit. I'm halfway done with it; should know soon how it does.
I had a thought today about the tubes...the water hits an inch below the top and sloshes up and down on the tube...that could be where it's heating up; might be a bit cooler underwater?
I'll try that on a later model; first to compare apples with apples.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-16-2008 05:19 PM
Dominic888 Offline

The HH2 generator looks simplier to make than HHO generator. My question is what makes it possible to separate H and O? Is it the positive and the negative rod? Like the other thread mentioned, what is the purity level of the H and O?

I have a Mercedes Benz 2002 ML320, according to Hydro Solutions makers of Hydro Super 2, HHO does not work well with MB.

So, HH2 seems to be my only choice for fuel efficiencyt and pollute less. Does anybody knows where I can buy a complete HH2 system aside from http://www.HH2.US, they are pretty expensive and requires maintenance service for $75.00 every 7,500 miles. You're not allowed to service your own system.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2008 12:00 AM by Dominic888.)
09-16-2008 09:25 PM
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

Gary Wrote:My four tubeinnabath unit is a water heater that could make coffee...and boils off the water, so I think Rick was right about uneven plate sizes creating heat. I'm running it to death anyway for now, while I'm building my 6-cell series separator unit. I'm halfway done with it; should know soon how it does.
I had a thought today about the tubes...the water hits an inch below the top and sloshes up and down on the tube...that could be where it's heating up; might be a bit cooler underwater?
I'll try that on a later model; first to compare apples with apples.

Would like to see actual picture vs the diagram...are you keeping entire side top area open for the Hydrogen and Oxygen to outlet from one location?

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
09-16-2008 10:25 PM
Gary Offline

Huh? No, I don't think so. Anyway, I'm too tired to finish the build tonight. It will be similar to a series cell except that the cells are turned sideways and the pos side has drillways in the top as does the neg side. They will exhaust out of respective fittings in the center. H and O will start out separate and stay that way. I'm still working out some minor details, such as separators and tube construction. I don't like the original method. I can see this thing getting much smaller, although this model has just a 3-1/2 x 11" footprint. But it's tall, at 7".
I don't believe that much size will be needed, since Hydrodine's unit barely uses any water at all.
The 4 tube single bath unit is a bust I think, but I can't really tell at 15.7mpg...I usually get 16, but this week has been all rush hour traffic, pulling lumber around the jobsite and short hops to the stores, so that may actually be pretty good. No way of telling. I want a unit that undoubtably makes a big difference, so I'll keep on plugging, posting, studying and asking until one of us makes the breakthrough. I have hopes for this one though.
As for the guy who said these don't look any harder than an HHO unit: yea Skippy, if you're talking about Hydrodine's design. It can get complicated real fast, and tricky.
09-17-2008 04:54 PM
hydrotinkerer Offline

Gary Wrote:Huh? No, I don't think so. Anyway, I'm too tired to finish the build tonight. It will be similar to a series cell except that the cells are turned sideways and the pos side has drillways in the top as does the neg side. They will exhaust out of respective fittings in the center. H and O will start out separate and stay that way. I'm still working out some minor details, such as separators and tube construction. I don't like the original method. I can see this thing getting much smaller, although this model has just a 3-1/2 x 11" footprint. But it's tall, at 7".
I don't believe that much size will be needed, since Hydrodine's unit barely uses any water at all.
The 4 tube single bath unit is a bust I think, but I can't really tell at 15.7mpg...I usually get 16, but this week has been all rush hour traffic, pulling lumber around the jobsite and short hops to the stores, so that may actually be pretty good. No way of telling. I want a unit that undoubtably makes a big difference, so I'll keep on plugging, posting, studying and asking until one of us makes the breakthrough. I have hopes for this one though.
As for the guy who said these don't look any harder than an HHO unit: yea Skippy, if you're talking about Hydrodine's design. It can get complicated real fast, and tricky.

I started putting a series cell H2 only together and yeah it got complicated real fast. But I'll get it!
09-17-2008 05:03 PM
Gary Offline

[/quote]

I started putting a series cell H2 only together and yeah it got complicated real fast. But I'll get it!
[/quote]

It got a bit tricky, but not impossible. A lot of parts and time to build a unit that does not work. I mean, the holes in the separator are not enough current capacity with the spacing of the tubes. Consider the 1/8" from the tube to the wall, then another 1/8" to the next tube and it's a half inch. Open up the wall too much and you'll probably get mixing of the gasses. This thing wouldn't even bubble with six cells. Short it down to less cells and it wasn't impressive there either. Working now on some modifications and wiring experiments with it, as Barry and I discussed today. I'm thinking tubes are the pits unless you go tube in a tube to get the spacing down. Here again, you'll need some extra space to allow bubbles to travel upward. Perhaps a very flat filter medium?
The real h2 cell will be in plates, just as HHO is I believe. But since I spent so much on this thing, I gotta just see what it can be made to do, for no other reason. I even robbed the bolts and five tubes from the first failed unit to save costs.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2008 06:00 PM by Gary.)
09-20-2008 05:56 PM
howiemandel Offline

Thats slick as all get out Gary. Love the connections.
09-20-2008 06:16 PM
jjb2888 Offline

[/quote]

It got a bit tricky, but not impossible. A lot of parts and time to build a unit that does not work. I mean, the holes in the separator are not enough current capacity with the spacing of the tubes. Consider the 1/8" from the tube to the wall, then another 1/8" to the next tube and it's a half inch. Open up the wall too much and you'll probably get mixing of the gasses. This thing wouldn't even bubble with six cells. Short it down to less cells and it wasn't impressive there either. Working now on some modifications and wiring experiments with it, as Barry and I discussed today. I'm thinking tubes are the pits unless you go tube in a tube to get the spacing down. Here again, you'll need some extra space to allow bubbles to travel upward. Perhaps a very flat filter medium?
The real h2 cell will be in plates, just as HHO is I believe. But since I spent so much on this thing, I gotta just see what it can be made to do, for no other reason. I even robbed the bolts and five tubes from the first failed unit to save costs.
[/quote]

Gary try this wiring diagram.How do the gases get to the outlets from the other cells?

09-20-2008 06:36 PM