Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My HHO generator experience
Rags Offline

RE: My HHO generator experience
That's ok I already bought the electrical diagrams anyway. Just wanted to see if it was listed.
Rags
04-08-2008 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Now that you know the wire color you can pick it up at the ECU. No need to chase those devices all over the place!

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-08-2008 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghahai ghato Offline

My HHO generator experience
Hi guys, I'm so glad to have found this forum...Smile It brought me here after searching for an EFIE device.

I own a Renault Clio 2005 1.2 and I've been running it on Water/Methanol Infusion system for almost 40,000km (24,855 miles) that improved my 15km/litre consumption to 16.3km/l (highway driving)

Several types of home-made HHO gens were fitted several months back. Only recently that I've came up with what I think is a cheap, easy and workable system, for me at least...

What's seriously bothering me right now is that my FC has gone seriously bad... Crazy especially during traffic driving from
12.5km/litre to less than 10km/litre and
16km/litre to 14km/litre (highway)...
Now that I've disconnected the HHO gen about 3 days ago, the FC still remain to be as bad. Tongue

From what I've read, I think the O2 sensors are working against me. After searching, I've came across a couple of solutions;
1. Enclosing the O2 sensors with an adaptor; still waiting for this piece of hardware to be machined...
2. Fit an EFIE device.
3. Get a programable piggy-back ECU.

Solution 1 seems to be the easiest and cheapest so that's plan A.

Glad to meet all you folks out here and looking forward to sharing ideas...Big Grin
04-08-2008 09:35 PM
mike Offline

You can get an "O2 extender" on ebay for $9.00. I'm not sure if it fits all vehicles though. These are pretty limited though as they are not adjustable. But it might be the right adjustment for your car, and the price is right.

The EFIE is a standard handling for the oxygen sensor. However, in addition, you should look at Tuning For Mileage. This article looks at many sensors that will help you crack your FC barrier.

The piggy-back ECU, or replacement ECU is the most expensive solution, of course.

One point though, is if you mileage sort of suddenly went bad, there's a reason for that, that needs to be tracked down and handled. That should be your first order of business. You might have a bad sensor somewhere that will cause this kind of drop in efficiency. Do you also have a check engine light?

Good luck with your project. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-08-2008 09:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

I'm with Mike. Fix the problem before making changes.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2008 09:59 PM by colchiro.)
04-08-2008 09:57 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Yeah...
I'm sending the car in for inspection tomorrow..
Already asked for the ECU to be replaced under warranty as I've realized that an ECU error code came on several months back (before the HHO thingy) which triggered the deteriorating FC.

No engine check light ever since they've resetted the ECU then...

It's driving me nuts coz it has put a damper on my HHO gen project on the car.

cheers...
04-08-2008 10:02 PM
colchiro Offline

Can you turn off the methanol to see if that helps?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-08-2008 10:10 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Hmmm....
the WIS has given me good FC all this while... but what the heck...

I'll turn the whole unit off today...
TQ
04-08-2008 10:14 PM
Rags Offline

Mike, now don't laugh, but does the manual I bought show where the ECU is located? I have not looked under the hood since our last communication so have not looked for it. Not sure I will reconize it when I see it. I noticed yesterday when I went out and was about to start the car I had left the dash switch on. I'm sure glad I installed that relay switch. It was on all night so the battery probably would have been dead anyway. Just goes to show you can't have too many safe guards.

Maybe ghahai ghato is getting water sucked into the engine rather than vapors, I cracked a piston that way once years ago.
Rags
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008 06:05 AM by Rags.)
04-09-2008 06:04 AM
mike Offline

I won't laugh about that. Yes your Haynes manual will show you a picture of your ECU. If you pull the large connector that has all the wires running into it, you'll be able to find your wires in that bundle. WAY better than working under the car!

Your dead battery would have been the least of your problems. One guy left his HHO on for several hours, didn't discharge the battery completely, and when he started the car, he blew his head and hood off the car! His girlfriend wasn't very happy about it either! That's why we stress the safety issue.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-09-2008 08:31 AM