Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My hho system needs your expertise
Ecoevolutions Offline

My hho system needs your expertise
My hho setup needs your expertise
Hello my name is Brandon. I'm not new to the forum but this is my first post. I have a 99 civic with a 1.6 4banger. I have an 11 plate cell 3x6 setup at -nnnn+nnnn- then it runs to a quart and a half resivior. From there I have a dual bubbler, the first acts as a dryer then the next is a bubbler that is filled with distilled vinegar. I run koh at a ratio of 4 tbsp to 6 cups of distilled water. That runs 15- 20 amps I run a 30amp PWM. A map enhancer, and a dual digital Efie. I got 35 mpg prior the hho kit. After I put it on I got horrible gas milage. That was before I got the Efie. Now I have it on the car but I still don't get any better milage, I drove without the system on and I'm getting 25 mpg. A huge drop from what I was stock. What's wrong? I'll get picks tomorrow. I don't know my lpm.
06-12-2011 05:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: My hho system needs your expertise
Cut back on the amps. A 4 cylinder engine shouldn't be running up to 20 amps. You should be more like 12 amps.

Don't use the MAP enhancer. Just the EFIE. Ordinarily that's all you want to do. Too much sensor manipulation is not a good thing. The computer can become confused and go into limp mode. That's probably all that's happened. You will get more power in limp mode because the engine is running rich, but your mileage will get worse.

Finally, go through the checklist: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/hho-system-debugging

That should get you on the road to a solution.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-16-2011 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amos33 Offline

RE: My hho system needs your expertise
(06-16-2011 07:55 AM)mike Wrote:  Cut back on the amps. A 4 cylinder engine shouldn't be running up to 20 amps. You should be more like 12 amps.

Don't use the MAP enhancer. Just the EFIE. Ordinarily that's all you want to do. Too much sensor manipulation is not a good thing. The computer can become confused and go into limp mode. That's probably all that's happened. You will get more power in limp mode because the engine is running rich, but your mileage will get worse.

Finally, go through the checklist: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/hho-system-debugging

That should get you on the road to a solution.

Follow Mike's advice and I would also recheck my HHO output. At 10 Amps you should be producing 1 lpm with that cell configuration and at 15 Amps you should be producing 1.5 lpm. Here's a simple way to check your HHO output. Blowup a balloon then deflate it. Attach it to your output HHO hose and let it fill it up again. Tie off the balloon and drop it. If it drops to the floor you got too much steam. If it flies you got pure HHO.

I am a Christian
06-26-2011 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply