Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new MAF and IAT Multi-adjuster, what do you think?
colchiro Offline

RE: My new MAF and IAT Multi-adjuster, what do you think?
Ok, as I thought, you used the MAF mod and installed it on your IAT, which it wasn't designed to do.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-25-2008 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

colchiro Wrote:Ok, as I thought, you used the MAF mod and installed it on your IAT, which it wasn't designed to do.

Oh, I thought making another MAF adjuster-type decide would do the same thing for the IAT. I reduce voltage with it for the MAF, so why wouldn't it work for the IAT? So you're just saying use a single adjuster and throw a resistor on the IAT circuit? What size of resistor should I be looking into using?

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-25-2008 03:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Can you find your IAT sensor here? http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h32.pdf (page 2?)
Page 3 has the wiring for your IAT: http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h34.pdf (THA is the +5, E2 is the sensor output for IAT)

So where are you connecting the wires for the IAT?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-25-2008 04:54 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

OH hey, maybe THAT could be my problem. I was running by the wiring diagram for the MAF sensor for the Solara on this link (page ES-86). http://cns-design.ru/files/solara/pdf/2A...ontrol.pdf

Wait, it just came to me. The graph on page ES-86 shows that more resistance means colder temp readings?? So is this my problem then? I'm trying to use a pot, like a MAF adjuster, to add resistance to lower voltage, right? But instead, I should be doing something somehow to REDUCE resistance it looks like, so that it could read warmer??? So what do I do to get that?!

I have it wired to the middle wire, which I THOUGHT was supposed to be the IAT output, right? When I have it hooked up and tuning it with the OBD2 scanner reading, the IAT does alternate when I move the dial around, but the temp only goes down, but I want it to go up (less voltage?)...

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008 05:06 PM by RDKamikaze.)
11-25-2008 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

What I posted before would still work:

THA ---- [3.3k 1/4 w resistor] ---- [switch] ---- [left pot term] [center pot term] ---- E2

Throw a switch anywhere in there to switch it in and out.

Rick

11-25-2008 06:09 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

hmmm, so you're saying the resistor would go on the line to the THA (output) connection (left post on pot) and then the center post on pot would be to the E2 (input) line? The right goes to ground always then, correct?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

11-25-2008 06:11 PM
colchiro Offline

Nope, leave the opp side of the pot disconnected.

Tuning for Mileage has you connecting a 10k resistor from THA to E2. What you're doing here is a switch to turn it off and being able to adjust it from 3k to 53K if you use your existing pot. (53k would be about the same as turning it off.)

Rick

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008 06:20 PM by colchiro.)
11-25-2008 06:19 PM