Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My old truck
hhagen_1 Offline

My old truck
So I'm having to put a cat on my old 74 dodge W100 to get it to pass the Colorado state emmition test. I failed it 2 time because of high CO %.
It was close at 2500 last time after we changed the rods in carter BBD and advanced the timing but fail because I sat in line for 20 minutes I think that is why the CO was at 5.64 3 is passing.
Once it is done I plan on putting my HHO on it to really see the effects of the HHO where I have no computer to fool. Any thought will be welcome on how much I will have make and any tuning tips. It has a 225 Slant in it came out with a 360 boat anchor moter that got 10 on a good day being towed lol. The slant was getting 17 on the highway will see if I can get that 20+ .

Thanks guys.
04-10-2013 06:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: My old truck
put the HHO system on and forget the cat. You'll blow the test away.

Retard the timing when you use HHO. It's like using higher octane fuel.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-10-2013 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhagen_1 Offline

Well got through the emmisions test with cat on. Getting it plated on the 17th and then start the tuning with HHO yay.
04-13-2013 07:15 PM
Milton Park Offline

(06-12-2013 11:01 AM)Caitlyn Jose Wrote:  I never drive a truck in my whole life but really want to have this experience before dying. Actually i like heavy machines they have great power and it's awesome.

Hi Caitlyn, modern trucks are not so difficult to drive and are mostly the same as a sedan. Just a little of dynamics vary, especially during hard cornering; otherwise, rest is just fine. Even I had a bit of a phobia for heavy machinery, but my friend’s JCB with front bucket and backhoe was quite easy to drive and maneuver. Hope you get your hands on one. Good luck!

Parts and Accessories
08-05-2013 10:31 PM