Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My own HHO Cell designs
howiemandel Offline

RE: My own HHO Cell designs
lol, love it sophocha. Simple, fairly cheap. Good production. That right there is what its all about.
09-28-2008 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Hey, I like the newest design of yours! It's good to see you (purposely?) offset the plates a little so that the current doesn't have a straight shot to the - so the n's couldn't do much. Good thinking (or subconscious decision)! I just developed a new enclosure so I'll be testing it pretty soon and post results on youtube like always. Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
09-28-2008 03:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sophocha Offline

thank you for your comments.Big Grin I`ll be installing this 2morrow and see how much better it is from the veg steamer plate design. You don`t have to give money for cutting SS plates. Use whatever you have available at home.

overall cost:

2 pounds for the jar
6 pounds for the grater plates
1-2 pounds for the shrubbler, output valve , vinyl tube, stainless steel bolts, stainless steel electrods (coming from pastry cutters)
09-28-2008 04:54 PM
sophocha Offline

I`ve installed it in the car today among with the veg steamer cell. I`ve put both cells on the vaccum ( but on different vaccum points so it can suck the gas in in all 4 cylinders equally)

It bubbles pretty nicely and compared to the old design, its bubbles are bigger Big Grin Haven`t measured the Lpms yet but I will.

One thing I`ve noticed is that compared to parallel connection, this serial connection took 5 tplspns of bicarbonate sode to have 7 amps, parallel only took 1 spoon.I`ve installed an amp meter as well. We`ll see how it goes.The heat is minimal as well!

BTW, the eagle research design EFIE might be good after all.I think I have a bad grounding somewhere, thats why I was getting the enigne light.I have to find a different grounding spot.
09-29-2008 10:36 AM
howiemandel Offline

with vacuum its possible you might not need an efie. I would like to know if you find that out, as well.
Thanks for your report, good stuff.
Howie.
09-29-2008 11:13 AM
sophocha Offline

just bought a pwm from hydrogengarage and put everything together today.it totally changes the way of production.it creates smaller but more bubbles (so called ortho hydrogen) that is more unstable than normal hydro,thus being more combustable and efficient.i will test this claim out.

also, im rewiring everything to a relay straight to the battery.
also im changing to NAOH for my electrolyte.no more brown crap in water
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2008 03:08 PM by sophocha.)
09-30-2008 03:06 PM
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

sophocha Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8bkE331uA

Here is another design! 9 plate stainless steel grater plates! Two of these in series then you are up to and more than 1 liter of HHO.

Heat won`t be an issue cause you will have 6 volts on each cell, divided by 2 (2 spaces between + and -) and you`ll have 3 volts on each plate. That is sufficient for production plus the heat will be considerably less than lets say having only one of these.

Looks great- how are the 9 plates configured? and you made two of these- have you measured gas output?

Always remember there is a fine line between genius and insanity, so don't cross it.
Wile E. Coyote never learned and he was a SUPER GENIUS! Roadrunner made him insane.
If all great minds thought alike, we'd get nowhere, the differences can make us all prosper.
10-01-2008 09:17 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

sophocha Wrote:just bought a pwm from hydrogengarage and put everything together today.it totally changes the way of production.it creates smaller but more bubbles (so called ortho hydrogen) that is more unstable than normal hydro,thus being more combustable and efficient.i will test this claim out.

Yay, I'm excited to see that you're learning and expanding your options with HHO! I don't have a PWM, nor am I concerned about getting one. But hey, if someone wants to contribute their $30 (or 6 people donating $5, etc.) then I'll buy one and test it out and post results! Until then, I'm saving my $$ lol! And it's good to see that you learned to use NaOH (not NAOH). Baking soda is utter crap and I laugh at people on youtube (or other places) posting that their system is the best, uses a polycarbonate case (cracks in NaOH), and uses baking soda for electrolyte.

"Only requires 5 teaspoons on baking soda for 3LPM output at 30A, WOW!!" lol morons. Sad

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
10-01-2008 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sophocha Offline

rudagray Wrote:
sophocha Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8bkE331uA

Here is another design! 9 plate stainless steel grater plates! Two of these in series then you are up to and more than 1 liter of HHO.

Heat won`t be an issue cause you will have 6 volts on each cell, divided by 2 (2 spaces between + and -) and you`ll have 3 volts on each plate. That is sufficient for production plus the heat will be considerably less than lets say having only one of these.

Looks great- how are the 9 plates configured? and you made two of these- have you measured gas output?

They are + n - n + n - n + . So two of these in series are awesome.6 volts on each cell.

http://www.2shared.com/file/4024176/8de5...iring.html
(This is the wiring under the hood, except there are two cells in series).
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2008 03:45 PM by sophocha.)
10-01-2008 03:26 PM
sophocha Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:
sophocha Wrote:just bought a pwm from hydrogengarage and put everything together today.it totally changes the way of production.it creates smaller but more bubbles (so called ortho hydrogen) that is more unstable than normal hydro,thus being more combustable and efficient.i will test this claim out.

Yay, I'm excited to see that you're learning and expanding your options with HHO! I don't have a PWM, nor am I concerned about getting one. But hey, if someone wants to contribute their $30 (or 6 people donating $5, etc.) then I'll buy one and test it out and post results! Until then, I'm saving my $$ lol! And it's good to see that you learned to use NaOH (not NAOH). Baking soda is utter crap and I laugh at people on youtube (or other places) posting that their system is the best, uses a polycarbonate case (cracks in NaOH), and uses baking soda for electrolyte.

"Only requires 5 teaspoons on baking soda for 3LPM output at 30A, WOW!!" lol morons. Sad

Well, from researching around I found that NaOH is the overall best.Also, I`m sticking with my glass jars!I found to be the best ( if you don`t overdo it with heat dissipation). Glass breaks when you heat it FAST, not from gradual heat buildup.

Yeah, I was wondering about these polycarbonate cases.I mean, won`t they break from heat? Are they maintenance free like a glass jar?Probably not!How bout the glue that you use to link the pieces together?It wont last long...
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2008 03:36 PM by sophocha.)
10-01-2008 03:34 PM