Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My own HHO Cell designs
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: My own HHO Cell designs
howiemandel Wrote:LOL, heeh I guess I never told you to dont use a bubbler with a vacuum. LoL. Sorry. I assumed. Which make me the butthead, and not you.

Wait, why wouldn't you use a bubbler with a vacuum? I've been doing it the whole time before I went to the air box line, so I'm confused why you wouldn't?

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
10-06-2008 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sophocha Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:
howiemandel Wrote:LOL, heeh I guess I never told you to dont use a bubbler with a vacuum. LoL. Sorry. I assumed. Which make me the butthead, and not you.

Wait, why wouldn't you use a bubbler with a vacuum? I've been doing it the whole time before I went to the air box line, so I'm confused why you wouldn't?

The water turbulance inside the bubbler is so huge that it sucks water into the engine.It doesn`t do it when its on the air intake.
10-06-2008 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sophocha Offline

I`ve used NaOH today and I almost fried my wires Confused

The weird thing is that its doing it on more than 10 amps ( I`ve put 1 or 1.5 spoons in and it draws around 10 amps.2 cells is series).More than 10 amps and it starts overheating the electrodes in an instant.The electrodes were so hot that it melted everything around it!........The production wasn`t good either.I`m changing back to baking soda....my days with NaOH are past and gone...Some people may find that it works for them, it doesn`t on my example.10-12 amps on baking soda was excellent.Good production, not a single heat issue and the electrodes where cool.....NaOH creates a lot of foam as well.

Am I doing something wrong here?NaOH people, speak out Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2008 12:42 PM by sophocha.)
10-06-2008 12:28 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

sophocha Wrote:
RDKamikaze Wrote:

The water turbulance inside the bubbler is so huge that it sucks water into the engine.It doesn`t do it when its on the air intake.

That's why I use a water trap (aka. empty bubbler) after my bubbler. It caught water just fine. Think about it. If you don't use a bubbler after the generator, you would suck in NaOH solution to your aluminum engine. That's a bad idea. I would much rather suck in tap water and maybe a little NaOH over pure NaOH and distilled any day. But just use a water trap and you'll be fine. Big Grin

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

10-06-2008 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
howiemandel Offline

Ya know if you get water in your intake, or water vapor even, your doing something wrong. Dont say vacuum is no good because you cant do it. That doesnt make sense. I've been using vacuum for 4 almost 5 months. My MPG stays consistant, (16 to 28mpg, 4mpg short of 100% increase) my cells stay cool, same 99Cent wal mart cups stil in, no water in motor, life is good, when it comes to my 9 dollar generators.
Dont try something, fail, then proclaim that what it was you were trying is the reason for failure. Thats ignorant beyond belief.
10-06-2008 05:46 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

howiemandel Wrote:Ya know if you get water in your intake, or water vapor even, your doing something wrong. Dont say vacuum is no good because you cant do it. That doesnt make sense. I've been using vacuum for 4 almost 5 months. My MPG stays consistant, (16 to 28mpg, 4mpg short of 100% increase) my cells stay cool, same 99Cent wal mart cups stil in, no water in motor, life is good, when it comes to my 9 dollar generators.
Dont try something, fail, then proclaim that what it was you were trying is the reason for failure. Thats ignorant beyond belief.

Howie, I'm still curious as to how you setup your cups in the generator to get them to stay together. I'm still willing to buy a generator if you build it for me Wink . Or maybe just pictures will be fine along with some explanation, that's really helpful as well Big Grin!

But I agree completely. If you try and fail because you probably did something wrong and you don't try to fix it, you're in the same boat of thinking with all those non-believers out there. The ones who try it either don't do it right or build a POS generator and give up on it. I'm not saying you're a quitter, just try some more and consult the forum (that's why we're here!) for help Big Grin!

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

10-06-2008 09:35 PM
sophocha Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:
howiemandel Wrote:Ya know if you get water in your intake, or water vapor even, your doing something wrong. Dont say vacuum is no good because you cant do it. That doesnt make sense. I've been using vacuum for 4 almost 5 months. My MPG stays consistant, (16 to 28mpg, 4mpg short of 100% increase) my cells stay cool, same 99Cent wal mart cups stil in, no water in motor, life is good, when it comes to my 9 dollar generators.

Howie, I'm still curious as to how you setup your cups in the generator to get them to stay together. I'm still willing to buy a generator if you build it for me Wink . Or maybe just pictures will be fine along with some explanation, that's really helpful as well Big Grin!

But I agree completely. If you try and fail because you probably did something wrong and you don't try to fix it, you're in the same boat of thinking with all those non-believers out there. The ones who try it either don't do it right or build a POS generator and give up on it. I'm not saying you're a quitter, just try some more and consult the forum (that's why we're here!) for help Big Grin!

whatever is working for someone doesn`t mean it will work for somebody else.Vacuum is working for me only if I don`t use a bubbler.Didn`t say I was a nonbeliever....I`ve dedicated the last 6-8 months of my life try to make this work....it just becoming overwelming sometimes....right now I have an issue with NaOH.I`m switching back to bicarbonate soda for the moment with a bubbler to the air intake....probably I have to upgrade my electrode bolts to thicker ones, they overheat on anything over 10 amps ( so its probably not NaOH fault)
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2008 01:02 PM by sophocha.)
10-07-2008 10:10 AM
sophocha Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeCso0MYH8

There! Everything is documented!Big Grin I`m happy with the results.The leads are a bit hot on 13 amps but overall the production is good and the cells stay cool.I might change the bolts to thicker ones.Still on bicarbonate soda.I got scared with NaOH...
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2008 05:25 AM by sophocha.)
10-08-2008 05:09 AM
sophocha Offline

....another take on NaOH, this time I`ve put the cells in parallel and voila!....only a tiny amount of NaOH and I`ve jumped to 20 amps (10 amps on each cell) with no significant heat issues and a way better production.This time my + - leads are warm to the touch and not scortching hot, but the PWM is taking a beating, working on its maximum 20 amps.NaOH is more convenient than soda for sure.I`m taking everything back of what I`ve said about it Big Grin
10-09-2008 04:52 PM
RDKamikaze Offline

sophocha Wrote:....another take on NaOH, this time I`ve put the cells in parallel and voila!....only a tiny amount of NaOH and I`ve jumped to 20 amps (10 amps on each cell) with no significant heat issues and a way better production.This time my + - leads are warm to the touch and not scortching hot, but the PWM is taking a beating, working on its maximum 20 amps.NaOH is more convenient than soda for sure.I`m taking everything back of what I`ve said about it Big Grin

That's good to hear you changed back to NaOH and liked it! We try to warn everybody that baking soda is one of the worst electrolytes to use, but some just don't take our advice. Well you might want to connect the cells in series again, and how much NaOH are you using anyway when they were in series?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

10-09-2008 05:14 PM