Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NaOH problem
tomasi Offline

NaOH problem
Hi,
I have still on my bench a 24v 14 plate dry cell prducing 4 LPM @ 24 Amps (10% elyte by weight). and Im still testing temperature issues and elyte residues along with HHO. I tried 2 bubblers, and elyte still keeps going together with the gas.Is there a way to keep elyte inside reservoir? I will try to take some picsof my system later.

thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2008 06:53 AM by tomasi.)
11-30-2008 06:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: NaOH problem
Got a picture of your setup?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-30-2008 10:42 AM
tomasi Offline

Here it is.

Cheers

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-30-2008 12:14 PM
colchiro Offline

I suspect your problem is the 4LPM exiting via one hose on your cell, aka "pumping".

You could try adding a second inlet and outlet on the other half of your cell and close off the middle plates so each half has to use it's own inlet and outlet. This will cut the flow by half on each hose. Something else to consider would be a larger barb and hose.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-30-2008 03:45 PM
Gary Offline

Yeah, and what is this "pre-chamber" arrangement for? Why not bubble into the bottom of the reservoir, and use vinegar in the bubblers after, along with larger lines, as Rick suggested?
You could use a reservoir like a Smack booster tube, since you're very tall anyway here. There could be a baffle arrangement to flow the exhaust gasses through to dissipate and separate further the fluid from the gas. A heavy plastic mesh, like the floor scrubber pads would help even more to trap liquids.
11-30-2008 04:59 PM
tomasi Offline

The pre chamber is intended to avoid water coming out with the gas. The pre chamber is linked to reservoir to return the spit water from the gas hose.I think the problem is water vaporization (with elyte) due to cell temperature.No clue yet.Maybe with some pressure, the vaporization point raises.
Oh , the reservoir has water with elyte too.
I´ll try to make dual gas output tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for helping , guys.

Cheers from Brazil.
12-01-2008 08:01 AM
Gary Offline

My point being...that there IS no "spitting" if your exhaust is introduced underwater. The body of water itself (reservoir) stops any inertia that the gas has, down to bubble speed. Then the separation is complete, as the liquid portion of the exhaust is immediately recombined back to the body of electrolyte. The only next problem is heated steam arising from unit inefficiencies, which can be caught by a dryer and vinegar bubbler before exiting to an engine. I see no purpose in your prechamber save for making more spray and/or steam, creating the very problem you seem to be having.
Basically, what you have built is a 'sprayer' over your reservoir.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2008 08:11 AM by Gary.)
12-01-2008 08:08 AM
mrbillr Offline

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here is a reservoir I installed.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
12-01-2008 01:58 PM
Gary Offline

Exactly, Mr. Bill! And instead of output to motor, output it to a bubbler full of vinegar to neutralize any stray mist, then a dryer to further eliminate discharge to the engine.
In the design of 4L/min, one may wish to put more than one hole in the downtube, and possibly run the tube horizontally with holes in it to spread the output across the bottom of the reservoir. 4 liters is a heckovalotta gas and spewage from one fitting, and might cause the reservoir to vortex. That could affect the return to the cell.
12-01-2008 02:58 PM
colchiro Offline

Gary, you and I are thinking alike. I'm also thinking that the main problem is the 4 LPM so increasing/replicating tubes and fitting, etc is warranted.

Rick

12-01-2008 03:09 PM