Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Natural Gas Fired High Pressure Boiler
hhodrycleaner Offline

Natural Gas Fired High Pressure Boiler
I have a Natural Gas Fired High Pressure Boiler 45 hp running at 120psi

It is a tubed fired horizontal boiler. I'm so temped to run so HHO gas either into the air induction chamber or just tap it right into the gas line. Natural gas pipes lines only have about 3-5 psi in them
My worry is the flame would get too hot and melt the tubes not sure how hot HHO burns with natural gas but if it burns in your car OK and doesn't melt anything maybe it would d be OK for a boiler
My gas bill is around $1700 to $2000 a month. I'd love to do anything to save on that

Anyone have experience with something like this

Thanks
Dave
06-18-2008 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

RE: Natural Gas Fired High Pressure Boiler
No experience whatsoever but I think it's a great idea! I've also had some thoughts about running hot water heaters (mine is running on propane) either 40/50 gallon tanks or the new on-demand hot water heater types and forced-air propane home heaters (even in-floor radiant or baseboard heat) on HHO...I'm sure there are unique and special alterations and considerations but I believe it's totally realistic. Can you imagine the savings?!?!?!?

During the winter months in the Rockies, propane refill bills can run upwards of $300 a month and some see up to $600 and more each month (I'm sure it will keep going up). How awesome would it be to cut that to the cost of the electrolyte, distilled water, and a little electricity (okay...CLR also for cleaning...and yes...after the initial cost of the generator/equipment)...but how much is that per month total...$20..even $50 a month is a bargain!!!

I have a auto-mechanic friend that heats his auto-repair shop on used motor oil that he gets from changing oil in his clients cars that they pay him to change!...come on...HHO heating can happen!!

I would be extremely interested in your results so go for it!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-18-2008 09:17 PM
hhodrycleaner Offline

Does anyone know what the temp is for burning HHO. I use over 100 cu. ft. Mcf. of gas a month. Not sure how many liters per hr that is but my boiler runs from 6am to 9pm mon-wed and 6 to 4or 5pm on thur fri

I looked on line 1 cu ft=28.31 liters
1 Mcf is 1000 cu. ft. =28,310 liters
I use 100 Mcf so 2,831,000 liters

Natural gas burns at 3000 degrees
Hydrogen will ignite at 932 degrees but not sure what temp it burns at

I read up to 15% H2 may be added to regular natural gas, without any need to adjust conventional burners.[Hart, 1997]

I would need to create 425,000 liters per month
not sure how many electrolyzes that would take

I run about 300 hours a month
so 425000/303/60=23 liter a min. sound reachable
how many or how big a cell would it take?

But I'm looking into it because they are talking about gas going up this winter too

Thanks
Dave
06-19-2008 03:43 AM
VortexLou Offline

Okay, blatant commercial plug here...

The Vortex Fuel Saver (http://www.VortexFuelSaver.com) works on the hydrocarbon molecule, so in addition to gas and diesel, the technology (not the auto system) will work on natural gas and propane. We have not brought this to market yet, but if you are interested in being a beta tester, please contact me through our web site.

Regards,
Lou Elwell
President
01-07-2009 08:08 AM
kerllycrueaz Offline

Well, if i said generally, i have no idea on it, but when i get info on this topic i will definitely give reply.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
05-29-2012 11:26 AM
fire1 Offline

(06-18-2008 09:17 PM)skiers4ever Wrote:  No experience whatsoever but I think it's a great idea! I've also had some thoughts about running hot water heaters (mine is running on propane) either 40/50 gallon tanks or the new on-demand hot water heater types and forced-air propane home heaters (even in-floor radiant or baseboard heat) on HHO...I'm sure there are unique and special alterations and considerations but I believe it's totally realistic. Can you imagine the savings?!?!?!?

During the winter months in the Rockies, propane refill bills can run upwards of $300 a month and some see up to $600 and more each month (I'm sure it will keep going up). How awesome would it be to cut that to the cost of the electrolyte, distilled water, and a little electricity (okay...CLR also for cleaning...and yes...after the initial cost of the generator/equipment)...but how much is that per month total...$20..even $50 a month is a bargain!!!

I have a auto-mechanic friend that heats his auto-repair shop on used motor oil that he gets from changing oil in his clients cars that they pay him to change!...come on...HHO heating can happen!!

I would be extremely interested in your results so go for it!
John

Well where I can get your auto-mechanic friend, because my car freak me out. And I wanna get rid from this problem.

trailer repair
07-10-2012 12:23 AM