Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need Help Material
bandit354 Offline

Need Help Material
I have been having very good results using hho, but my generator is made out of pvc and keeps on deforming. Having to cut it apart with a saw to get my plates out with out destroying them. Only running 15amps, the generator sits next to the radiator and deforms were the power-steering line is at. Looking to construct one out of stainless steel anyone have any suggestions about some materials I can use and get easily. Not interested in buying one like building them on my own. A stainless steel vessel used for anything like a toothbrush holder or along those lines please let me know the pvc in just not able to take the heat, starts deforming at 130deg and melts at 160deg.
04-19-2008 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Need Help Material
Can you relocate it? Would be easier.

Do you have room outside the radiator? (I don't.)

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-19-2008 05:42 PM
bandit354 Offline

The only place I have to put the generator is on the passenger side right next to the radiator, all other locations they would be to short. Radiator on one side battery on the other, and power-steering pump with hose on the other side. No power steering as of now took the belt off because the pulley kept on rubbing on the pvc pipe and making a hole.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-19-2008 07:22 PM
bandit354 Offline

I was just up at Walmart and they had a pasta holder that it 6inches high and 4inches wide made out of 18/8 stainless steel for four dollars and the one that was 10inches high was eight dollars, bought the shorter one, going to try do make it similar to the magdrive system, but with a piece of one inch plexi-glass for the top. Home depot has threaded stainless steel rods 24inches in length 1/2inch and 3/4inch for five dollars.
04-19-2008 07:31 PM
colchiro Offline

Wow, you have less room than I do.
Let us know how that turns out.

Here's a pic of my setup without the reservoir.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-19-2008 08:00 PM
Leftwings22 Offline

bandit354 Wrote:I have been having very good results using hho, but my generator is made out of pvc and keeps on deforming. Having to cut it apart with a saw to get my plates out with out destroying them. Only running 15amps, the generator sits next to the radiator and deforms were the power-steering line is at. Looking to construct one out of stainless steel anyone have any suggestions about some materials I can use and get easily. Not interested in buying one like building them on my own. A stainless steel vessel used for anything like a toothbrush holder or along those lines please let me know the pvc in just not able to take the heat, starts deforming at 130deg and melts at 160deg.

You NEED to use ONLY 316L stainless steel. Anything less (like 304 SS) will leetch out the FE, which is a bad thing in HHO production.

As for obtaining that material, which I ASSume needs to be round, contact a welding shop around where you live. OBVIOUSLY, if you use something metal, that container needs to be grounded.

As you state that you have LIMITED real estate under that hood, you HAD BETTER be using a bubbler SOMEWHERE, or you are going to one day hurt something or someone. It is inevitable, it will happen, count on it.

If you do not use a bubbler, you do not have enough understanding HHO, and need to do some research. Its like handing a toddler a book of matches around a floor covered in gasoline.
SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS!

Lefty

First! Our Planets Energy Concerns = F!OPEC

"100% of the shots you dont take wont go in"
Wayne Gretzky
04-19-2008 08:58 PM
bandit354 Offline

Leftwing if you look at the pictures that I had posted there is an eight inch bubbler and a flashback arrestor in the picture, I thank you for your concern though. And you can use 304L stainless steel. I have been a welder and fabricator for several years. 304L and 316 stainless steel have the alomost exact same properties of iron and nickel.
04-20-2008 06:09 AM
Leftwings22 Offline

Bandit, yes, I agree, they are SIMILAR, but not the same. For welding/fabrication purposes, they ARE OK, maybe even interchangeable.

When sending an electric current through in an electrolytic solution, there is a HUGE difference, as "almost exactly the same" is not close enough.

I am NOT challenging your knowledge of 304 vs 316L in a fabrication situation, nor am I challenging your knowledge of materials for welding or fabrication. In fact, its good to know a welder we can ask questions about welding/fabrication.

All I am doing is passing along information based on MY experience, and the experience of countless others about the NEED to use 316L as your plates in your cells.

Lefty

First! Our Planets Energy Concerns = F!OPEC

"100% of the shots you dont take wont go in"
Wayne Gretzky
04-20-2008 06:27 AM
bandit354 Offline

304L and 304 is two different types of stainless steel the amount of carbon molecules in the steel and the amount of nickel in the steel. No matter what kind of stainless you have there is always iron in the steel. The perfect material to make the plates out of would be pure carbon plates they would be the only one that would not corrode over time the difference between 304L and 316 in the pure forms is next to nothing. When you buy your steel at the distributor they have a hand held device that arc the metal and take a sample of it and that will tell you what actually is in the metal. My problem is for any good stainless steel tubing my supplier sells is in twenty foot sections and for more than I want to pay.
04-20-2008 08:24 AM
bandit354 Offline

The first picture is of my cell made out of 316 stainless with about 10,000 miles on it in about 3-4 months it still is pulling the iron out of the 316 stainless steel overs time. It only pulls the iron out of your + plates. The next picture is my flashback arrestor.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-20-2008 09:21 AM