Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need advice : Installation not working!!
a3holerman Offline

Need advice : Installation not working!!
Hi,

I have posted my situation before and tried the many suggestions but I find myself not knowing what to do next.

Basically, A 96 Saab..Installed a Smacks type booster/w measured .8-1.0 LPM output with EFIE. Using a 20 mile loop out and back, relatively flat, constant 65mph. Using cars MPG readout reset for each run. The MPG was recorded as almost exactly the same with booster on or off. Ran with EFIE on ,set at .2V, then off and saw no change in MPG again. Power seemed the same on or off also. Warmed the booster up so was pulling 20A at beginning of booster on run.

I had initially put the gas tube just after the air filter then about 18" prior to the throttle body...no change. Just finished a run with the gas tube just a inch or so before the throttle body, again no change.

I am going to build a higher output booster and see if that helps. I do believe that my 1 LPM should have resulted in some change.

"E" suggested I read his FAQ which I have done.

I am considering getting a Scangauge and see if I can diagnose the boosters effect.

Dose anybody who may have been in a similar situation have any other suggestions?

I certainly don't mean to be a pest by asking for help more than once as I do believe in the science but I do not know what to do next.

Thanks again for everyones help...

Tom
Cape Cod
07-23-2008 05:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Terry_Dodson Offline

RE: Need advice : Installation not working!!
Are you filling up after each run, or just using the guage to judge? I think i would fill up each time to see if any real world gain could be seen.
07-23-2008 02:45 PM
hoozadoctor Offline

a3holerman Wrote:Hi,

I have posted my situation before and tried the many suggestions but I find myself not knowing what to do next.

Basically, A 96 Saab..Installed a Smacks type booster/w measured .8-1.0 LPM output with EFIE. Using a 20 mile loop out and back, relatively flat, constant 65mph. Using cars MPG readout reset for each run. The MPG was recorded as almost exactly the same with booster on or off. Ran with EFIE on ,set at .2V, then off and saw no change in MPG again. Power seemed the same on or off also. Warmed the booster up so was pulling 20A at beginning of booster on run.

I had initially put the gas tube just after the air filter then about 18" prior to the throttle body...no change. Just finished a run with the gas tube just a inch or so before the throttle body, again no change.

I am going to build a higher output booster and see if that helps. I do believe that my 1 LPM should have resulted in some change.

"E" suggested I read his FAQ which I have done.

I am considering getting a Scangauge and see if I can diagnose the boosters effect.

Dose anybody who may have been in a similar situation have any other suggestions?

I certainly don't mean to be a pest by asking for help more than once as I do believe in the science but I do not know what to do next.

Thanks again for everyones help...

Tom
Cape Cod

I have been trying for 3 months, I have two generators hooked up and I get NO results what so ever. I disagreed with how people are measuring their tests. I beleive to get genuine sustainable results you have to test in a real world situation, that is fill the car up and use it for ordinary driving for a whole tank of fuel .. record this and use it as a base line. Then switch the hydrogen on use a whole tank and record the difference. A lot of the supposed results people are recording on there short trips cannot be duplicated in real life situation because the computer compensates.

Doc
07-23-2008 04:14 PM
stevekos7 Offline

Knowing where to start is important.

Firstly, the principle of HHO improving combustion has been well proven and documented. The devil is always in the 'real world' application to any particular vehicle. So the difficulties might be:

1. Not enough production of HHO to make a difference in your vehicle.
2. Leaks in the HHO generator or delivery route to your engine.
3. Delivery into your vehicle is not optimal.
4. The engine management and emissions control systems are compensating for the efficiency gains, resulting in no nett improvement.
5. Errors in calculation of fuel efficiency.

Deal with these issues in order, and you might solve the problem.

My guess is more likely at point 4. This is where every vehicle is different.
07-23-2008 07:36 PM