Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need advice for a Volvo 2.5 litre turbo setup
ozeegeorge
Unregistered

Need advice for a Volvo 2.5 litre turbo setup
Hi to all you forum members.
I have researching the HHO subject and intend to fit a system to my 2004 Volvo, as I travel 30,000 miles per year.
Can any of you clever people out there help me with some basic infromatiion on the right setup.
From what i have read I gather the following.
A two jar setup for producing the HHO.
EFIE to trick the O2 sensor readings.
My questions are as follows.
Has any one done a similar thing, so I can learn from their mistakes.
The introduction of the HHO should be done prior to but as close as possible to the turbo inlet, as the other side is above atmospheric pressure.
Should one bottle be connected to the turbo inlet and the other to the PCV line to get HHO into the system.
Regards
ozeegeorge
Lititz PA
What would be the max amp draw for a 2 jar system?
I would appreciate any help as I want to join the band of merry men and women who are sticking to the oil companies and car manufacturers.
I fully support this idea of many little people doing a job that helps them financially and safes the planet.
01-19-2009 02:21 PM
Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Need advice for a Volvo 2.5 litre turbo setup
(01-19-2009 02:21 PM)ozeegeorge Wrote:  Hi to all you forum members.
I have researching the HHO subject and intend to fit a system to my 2004 Volvo, as I travel 30,000 miles per year.
Can any of you clever people out there help me with some basic infromatiion on the right setup.
From what i have read I gather the following.
A two jar setup for producing the HHO.
EFIE to trick the O2 sensor readings.
My questions are as follows.
Has any one done a similar thing, so I can learn from their mistakes.
The introduction of the HHO should be done prior to but as close as possible to the turbo inlet, as the other side is above atmospheric pressure.
Should one bottle be connected to the turbo inlet and the other to the PCV line to get HHO into the system.
Regards
ozeegeorge
Lititz PA
What would be the max amp draw for a 2 jar system?
I would appreciate any help as I want to join the band of merry men and women who are sticking to the oil companies and car manufacturers.
I fully support this idea of many little people doing a job that helps them financially and safes the planet.

George:
Welcome to the forum. We've got quite a few Volvo owners that have had good success with HHO. First of all we need more info about your Volvo; gas, diesel, displacement, etc. If you're going to do HHO you might as well do it right. Forget the "jars"; get a dry cell. Do not connect to vacuum, like the PCV hose. You're right about the placement of the HHO tube as far as close to the turbo inlet. [wrong about connection to PVC line]. Try not to exceed 25 amps [one benefit of a dry cell]. Use 10 gauge wire. The formula is pretty simple: sufficient HHO + EFIE = mpg gain. What's sufficient HHO? I think it's 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement. Zeo Fossil Fuel [see U-Tube] thinks it's 1 to 2 lpm/liter engine displacement. Some others on this board think 1 lpm/2 liters engine displacement. Experiment; whatever works for you. No matter what problems you run into there's someone on this board that probably has the solution. Good Luck.
01-19-2009 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ozeegeorge
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice.
The Volvo is a 5 cylinder 2.5 liter petrol(gas to you guys here, as I'm from Australia) which is run best on premium unleaded gas.
What are the best dry cells to look at and what are the main advantages of a dry cell.
Is there any information about the effect of HHO on the need to run premium unleaded to prevent knocking. I imagine the addition of HHO will increase the the burn rate of the fuel air mix, but will it also reduce the detonation effect. From what I have read the compression on a turbo motor is lower than a normally aspirated motor, so maybe I can get away with running lower octane fuel.
I look forward to learning from you guys on the intricacies of HHO and it it effects zen budism and motorcycle maintenance.
Regards
ozeegeorge
01-19-2009 05:13 PM
thomasbala Offline

(01-19-2009 05:13 PM)ozeegeorge Wrote:  Thanks for the advice.
The Volvo is a 5 cylinder 2.5 liter petrol(gas to you guys here, as I'm from Australia) which is run best on premium unleaded gas.
What are the best dry cells to look at and what are the main advantages of a dry cell.
Is there any information about the effect of HHO on the need to run premium unleaded to prevent knocking. I imagine the addition of HHO will increase the the burn rate of the fuel air mix, but will it also reduce the detonation effect. From what I have read the compression on a turbo motor is lower than a normally aspirated motor, so maybe I can get away with running lower octane fuel.
I look forward to learning from you guys on the intricacies of HHO and it it effects zen budism and motorcycle maintenance.
Regards
ozeegeorge
George; the main advantage of a dry cell is more production of HHO with less amps and less heat generation. HHO should have the effect of increasing the "octane" in your petrol. "octane" is the wrong word but the HHO effect should be the same; a slower but more complete burn rate. There's lots of anecdotal evidence where adding HHO eliminates the "ping" of using low grade fuel; latest one was just a week or so ago from someone running a dodge 360 CI Dodge truck in Mexico. I don't know about the effects of HHO on Zen Budism and motorcycle maintenance but this forum is the be all, it all, know all, s*** all of all the boards. If you have a problem chances are someone on this board has the solution. good luck.
01-19-2009 07:29 PM
hydrotinkerer Offline

You definitly need to make sure with a turbo, turbo intercooler setup that no catalyst gets in the turbo or intercooler. They both have aluminum parts and the electrolite will react with it. I have a turbo diesel setup and I run one bubbler with vinegar to help offset the strong base electrolite.
01-20-2009 06:51 AM
ozeegeorge
Unregistered

Thanks guys for the info.
I think as a collective of semi clever(you don't want the responsibility of being clever since you can't f**k up) individuals, that we can make the world a better place for our kids. With enough weight of evidence, the world will change it's collective mind about the merits of working together for a common good.
Thanks for the support and hopefully I may meet you guys in person some day.
Have you thought about a skype group meeting on a set schedule where we can talk and see all the faceless people on the internet.
ozeegeorge
PS
I would just like to make a small complaint about the weather in PA, since in Oz its 90 F and here is 12F. I am learning to adapt with more clothes(or less clothes with more hot women)
01-20-2009 05:39 PM
tonyc860 Offline

Just wondering on your progress. I recently purchased a 2003 v70 and can't wait to start on this car. I am hopeful that it will be easier than my f150 was. I was thinking of a pre turbo injection since it is a low pressure turbo. Don't think the temp will be a danger because it is low pressure. Any suggestions?

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
03-14-2009 03:02 PM