Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help/advice to start an HHO project + why you can't run on HHO only
atutt Offline

Need help/advice to start an HHO project + why you can't run on HHO only
I work with some engineers and we've decided to give this whole HHO thing a shot. 2 of us will use the hybrid mix (gas+Hydro). Haven't decided to buy or build. Can anyone recommend a good quality pre-built version? The 3rd guy wants to build a unit for strictly HHO that requires no gasoline at all. Why is it that there aren't many people out there with a strickly HHO running vehicle? If this guy(Daniel Dingel) can do it in the philipines, it can't be that hard!

It seems like this kumaran 13 plate series generator might be the best way to go if going to build. Ironically, it looks a lot like what these guys did at hydrorunner. Maybe they slapped on a lighted computer case and some gauges.

I've got a 2002 3.5L nissan pathfinder I'm going to convert. Any help, pointers, etc you can give me would be greatly appreciated! From what I've gathered, this is what is needed: 316L steel plates w/the above mentioned generator design, 5v at 4amps to get 1.5L/minute production using Potassium OH as a catylist. This should keep the water temp down so no need for a "cooler". An EFIF device and PWM set around 42-48kHz. 30amp fuse or circuit breaker. Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2008 09:48 AM by atutt.)
06-10-2008 06:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
atutt Offline

RE: Hey guys, need some help/advice to start an HHO project
Shocked

Still doing more digging, so much out there on this stuff.

A major problem I found that prevents the use of HHO on demand to fuel cars w/out gasoline is the amount needed to be produced. According to the "Hydrogen Required Formula" excel spreadsheet going around, even a small 1.5L 4 cyl engine requires 0.125 liters/second at idle and 1.25 LPS at 4000 rpm. As of today, I cannot find a generator that will produce this much gas. The closest I found which would only work at idle and up to say 1000 rpm on this kind of car is "The Kong" from Gorilla Development. Their largest unit produces 1200 liters per hour which equates to 0.33 LPS.

So apparently size is a factor at HHO on demand when it comes to the fuel cell generator. You would literally have to use 4 of these units in the back of a large pickup truck at an extra weight of 400lbs to get this to work on an engine that size. The bigger the engine, forget about it. This must be why no one here is using strictly hydrogen. Someone said that the amount of HHO production doesn't matter, but these calculations shows that it does if the formula are correct.
[Image: th_PA050037.jpg]
06-12-2008 09:42 AM
AlexR Offline

RE: Hey guys, need some help/advice to start an HHO project
an engine can run on HHO. The reality is that that same engine does not have enough power to run even a large enough alternator to create the electricity to power the electrolyzers.
if you are thinking of using a large battery bank for power, it's still more efficient to just use that power to turn an electric motor to run the vehicle.

Alex

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
06-12-2008 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
atutt Offline

RE: Need help/advice to start an HHO project + why you can't run on HHO only
what about running a 240V alternator at a lower amperage?

On a side note, I think I may have found the holy grail, the Alexis Cell V2.
Look at the controller for it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA72J_lN8MY
06-12-2008 12:03 PM
jksav7 Offline

Bob Boyce once built a prototype generator that would produce 100 LPM full output and around 50 LPM for sustained output. However, it was a very complicated and expensive build. Like you already said, making enough gas to run a car on hydroxy is not possible for the vast majority of us. I don't exactly know how Dingel does it.
06-12-2008 01:41 PM
atutt Offline

There is a video running now about a Florida Minister running his car mainly on water. He disconnected the fuel injection fuse. Check this out...
http://www.local6.com/news/16488151/detail.html
06-12-2008 01:51 PM
jksav7 Offline

I'm very skeptical that he's actually doing that. When people like Bob Boyce, who are leading and at the cutting edge in this technology, can't run a car entirely on water, I'm not sure most of the others who claim to are either. I've seen another video of a guy supposedly running his Ford pickup on hydroxy gas only, but I don't believe him either. We would need to see very good proof of this to believe it. Furthermore, I'm quite sure the evil government will not allow someone to announce publically that they're running a vehicle entirely on water (and mean it) without serious repercussions.

atutt Wrote:There is a video running now about a Florida Minister running his car mainly on water. He disconnected the fuel injection fuse. Check this out...
http://www.local6.com/news/16488151/detail.html
06-12-2008 02:01 PM
atutt Offline

Eh, upon further review the mechanic debunked his claims. Says they will meet again in a couple of weeks to do a thorough inspection. Didn't have enough time to investigate w/the TV crew rushing him. Stated that the injectors were still firing even w/the fuse removed.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/waterfuel20...e-mechanic
06-12-2008 07:42 PM
atutt Offline

And I stand corrected on the HHO only. Although there is a catch. It must be an electric engine and you are using the hydrogen to create electricty to power the electric motor.

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEW...13/153276/
06-13-2008 09:24 AM