Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help on Nissan 2005 Frontier 4L
Pat Offline

Need help on Nissan 2005 Frontier 4L
I extended both o2 sensors and installed a nice HHO generator from ken smith. I have installed the input first at the air cleaner to no effect. I than moved it to just before the throttle body, again to no effect. There are no Chilton or Hanes? manuals for this year model yet. Mike has said that the EFIE won't work on this engine, so ok. I have what I believe to be a MAF sensor (5 wires on it) right after the air cleaner. I am drawing around 12 amps after the HHO is on for awhile. I do get water dripping out the exhaust pipe, so gas is being produced. So I need a little help to get this working. Do I need a larger generator or what? Pat
05-14-2008 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhosurfer Offline

RE: Need help on Nissan 2005 Frontier 4L
What size engine do you have?

What is the flow of HHO you produce @12amps?
05-15-2008 05:26 AM
Pat Offline

I have a 4 Liter, V-6. I did measure the output. The HHO generator does bubble quite nicely, so I never measured it. It turns out that I am only getting about 1/2 liter in 2 minutes. Kind of low, so I e-mailed ken at hydrosolutions for a solution. Pat
05-15-2008 11:35 AM
mike Offline

Pat, I don't recall saying an EFIE won't work on that car. But you do have to check to see if they are using AFR sensors or oxygen sensors. See What Do I Need To Know About My Oxygen Sensor, for more info.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-15-2008 04:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joe@joepetsel.net Offline

Pat Wrote:I extended both o2 sensors and installed a nice HHO generator from ken smith. I have installed the input first at the air cleaner to no effect. I than moved it to just before the throttle body, again to no effect. There are no Chilton or Hanes? manuals for this year model yet. Mike has said that the EFIE won't work on this engine, so ok. I have what I believe to be a MAF sensor (5 wires on it) right after the air cleaner. I am drawing around 12 amps after the HHO is on for awhile. I do get water dripping out the exhaust pipe, so gas is being produced. So I need a little help to get this working. Do I need a larger generator or what? Pat
05-20-2008 07:25 AM
joe@joepetsel.net Offline

Pat
I have an 07 Xterrra, 2004 thru 2008 are basically the same for Xterra, Frointiers, and Pathfinders. So you are having the same problem possible. Here is my message I have been sending out for help......What can I do next? So far I have 6 Water4gas gens. AFR extenders, Maf sensor enhancer and I have disconnected the AFR sensors for my latest mpg test. Also I have tried interrupting the signal from the AFR's to the computer with resistant, results negative. I understand that EFIE's don't work on AFR's just oxygen sensors. What can I do next. Is any one out there installing on late model cars and trucks. I am about ready to give up.
I have reinstalled my 6 gens with more direct vac. plumbing and getting more hho after testing it, I don't think lack of hho is the problem. Joe 573-289-8284
05-20-2008 07:34 AM