Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with dry cell... to purchase... or not
hhodave Offline

Need help with dry cell... to purchase... or not
Hi all, I have been looking at 2 different dealers that have dry cell's.
One is march-labs the other is mileage shop. As far as march-labs, good site, nice info and good utube vids of their cell. But business number is ALWAYS busy and only got one email response of the three I sent. WOW are we in business or not! The other is mileage shop. Theirs is a sealed cell(guaranteed for at least 2 liters per min. and lifetime warranty. Has anyone used either of these companies? Just trying to decide. I really liked the cell/size of march labs and was quoted a good price but if they can't respond to emails and have no one to talk to what is the point. Thanks Dave.
06-26-2010 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Need help with dry cell... to purchase... or not
(06-26-2010 02:19 PM)hhodave Wrote:  Hi all, I have been looking at 2 different dealers that have dry cell's.
One is march-labs the other is mileage shop. As far as march-labs, good site, nice info and good utube vids of their cell. But business number is ALWAYS busy and only got one email response of the three I sent. WOW are we in business or not! The other is mileage shop. Theirs is a sealed cell(guaranteed for at least 2 liters per min. and lifetime warranty. Has anyone used either of these companies? Just trying to decide. I really liked the cell/size of march labs and was quoted a good price but if they can't respond to emails and have no one to talk to what is the point. Thanks Dave.
When a sealed cell leaks, stops producing, shorts out, what do you do? You hope the "distributor" (Mileage Shop) is still in business and will honor their warranty, by doing what? Sending it back to the manufacturer in China for repair, or, sending you a brand new defective cell that'll have the same problem as the other one. March Labs, a "manufacturer" makes a cell you can take apart and perhaps resolve the problem yourself. Why doesn't Mileage Shop mention an EFIE? You're going to need one if your vehicle is a '96 or later? Mileage Shop claims 2 lpm, but at what amperage? Doesn't the traffic at March Labs vs Mileage Shop tell you something? How long has either of these entities been in business? I've heard of March Labs before but not of Mileage Shop. If you're looking for a "set it and forget it" HHO set up neither of these sellers have it; nor does anyone else. HHO is a constant ongoing project. About 3 years ago I bought a brick in a bath cell from March Labs and was satisfied; price was good; workmanship was good. I personally don't like sealed cells; seems like they're hiding something.
06-27-2010 09:32 AM
Zipstor Offline

Why don't you get a Smacktanium from the Smack? He is very reliable and always answer your questions, on top of that his technology is the cutting edge of HHO cells. Didn't you know?

http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

Otherwise you have the SID Cell that is one of the best in the world in terms of quality. The man is reliable as well, solid as a rock.

http://fireinthewater.com

It depends where you live, if you are near Canada, there is Tohmahawk too, he does a great job. If you are near Australia or NZ you can get my unit for cheap postage fees they are 3 years warranty, check out my latest post.

ps: After viewing that mileage shop website...... It stinks. I would not trust people with such a display, at all.

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2010 02:18 AM by Zipstor.)
06-29-2010 02:08 AM
staugur Offline

(06-26-2010 02:19 PM)hhodave Wrote:  Hi all, I have been looking at 2 different dealers that have dry cell's.

March labs have pretty much turned into DC-Hybrids.com. Don't ask me why but maybe it was something to do with customer satisfaction.I definately had some bad dealings with them.Their production claims are inflated,especially the supernova and the power supplies dubious at best.
Stay well away from any sealed units and MMO titanium cells which will degrade over time whatever the vendor says.
There has been a change of late that some of you may have noticed with available cells. It used to be "mine produces more than yours" and is therefore superior.Once you cut through the bullshit you find most of the better built cells are producing around a litre per 11/12 amps per minute. Having failed to improve on that the latest ploy is "my gas is better than yours".That combined with "less is better" opens the door to wild claims from certain builders using exotic alloys and cells producing very little gas.
I have a couple of prototype cells available if you are interested.Both conventional dry cells. One is a 31 plate unit that puts out 1LPM per 12 amps up to 5LPM made with 316L stainless and the other is a 25 plate unit made with palladium plated monel plates that will last forever.About the same production but it will run on piss! I was experimenting with urea and it works to a point.Contact me directly if you are interested and I'll send you pics and prices. I also have a copy of "the cell" in clear acrylic.
Dave.
06-29-2010 08:02 AM
Zipstor Offline

Urea.. you mean urine.. Urea is a component of urine produced by kidneys.

So, palladium plated steel... Why don't you use nickel plated electrodes, that would be more affordable... So how much do you pay to get that?

I'm interested to see pictures of your stuff. Where are you located?

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2010 01:10 AM by Zipstor.)
06-30-2010 12:52 AM
staugur Offline

(06-30-2010 12:52 AM)Zipstor Wrote:  Urea.. you mean urine.. Urea is a component of urine produced by kidneys.

So, palladium plated steel... Why don't you use nickel plated electrodes, that would be more affordable... So how much do you pay to get that?

I'm interested to see pictures of your stuff. Where are you located?

No, I mean piss.Works fine initially but production drops off as the ammonia takes over.You would have to ask a chemist about the reaction.

No steel.Palladium plated monel or alloy 400. It's 75% nickel 25% copper .Expensive but I have a source of offcuts at scrap prices. The only benefits I saw was it's indestructable and needs no conditioning.That's a big plus if you are selling commercial units where you don't want to pre-condition plates and/or the customer doesn't want to be bothered doing the same.Plug and play is a big selling point and you can flip the finger at the Titanium boys claiming they have the only "green" cells on the market.

I'm in Florida.
06-30-2010 06:32 AM
Zipstor Offline

Expensive? How expensive? Interesting move..

06-30-2010 03:14 PM
hho dry cell Offline

From my personal experience with march labs I would recommend you run as fast as you can the other direction. I run several of the top hho sites and as a service to my visitors I point them to a few of the best hho dry cells available. At one point I decided I may as well affiliate with one of these suppliers, I chose march labs. To make a long story short, he has never payed me my affiliate fees. I attempted to contact him at a number that was either disconnected or he never answered. I contacted him dozens of times by email and he never even had the common courtesy to respond to me. I never heard from the guy until I removed his link from my site and warned people to beware of a man that does not pay his debts. To this very day he owes me several hundred dollars and has made no attempt to make a payment.
08-06-2010 06:40 AM
Zipstor Offline

Did you take a look at my new setup? I'm looking for distributors.

Here is the H-POD
[Image: 36191_432009755961_644845961_5826917_4685550_n.jpg]
Picture showing H-Pod Dual BT efficiency 6MMW+.

The final version has actually 2 output ports, and 2 ins. No valves needed.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2010 11:27 PM by Zipstor.)
08-06-2010 11:20 PM
slatuituads Offline
slatuituadsBB

discount moncler jackets
Moncler might be a house identify in the propensity regime simply because this kind of expert gotten this stronghold from the buyer sector simply through offering numerous libraries which hunting cup the actual progress as well as the desires of an personal moreover while supply full fulfillment to develop moncler down jackets outlet
11-21-2011 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply