Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Need info from other F150 drivers....
camry111 Offline

Need info from other F150 drivers....
Hi, I have a 2004 Ford F150 4.6 V8 4x4.
I have a Magdrive triple Brick installed on the truck that is
producing a good amount of hydrogen.
I was curious with other F150 owners (97 to 2007), what kind of results are you getting mpg wise? Are you happy with HHO. How is the Efie doing in your truck? Do you see better mpg? What works for you? Any advice or anything you can throw my way would be helpful.
I did order an Efie from this site but did not get much of a chance to test it and I'm sending it back for another. Defective I believe.
Just took my truck out today with the HHO running and got a miserable 15 mpg on the highway. I usually get 16 to 17.
I'm just going to turn the HHO off until my EFIe is fixed.
Any F150 responses would be great. Thanks
09-27-2008 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CraigBMM Offline

RE: Need info from other F150 drivers....
camry111 Wrote:Hi, I have a 2004 Ford F150 4.6 V8 4x4.
I have a Magdrive triple Brick installed on the truck that is
producing a good amount of hydrogen.
I was curious with other F150 owners (97 to 2007), what kind of results are you getting mpg wise? Are you happy with HHO. How is the Efie doing in your truck? Do you see better mpg? What works for you? Any advice or anything you can throw my way would be helpful.
I did order an Efie from this site but did not get much of a chance to test it and I'm sending it back for another. Defective I believe.
Just took my truck out today with the HHO running and got a miserable 15 mpg on the highway. I usually get 16 to 17.
I'm just going to turn the HHO off until my EFIe is fixed.
Any F150 responses would be great. Thanks

yeah dont wana run HHO without addressing the electronics , the o2 sensor detects added oxygen from the hho and tells the computer the rig is too lean .. then it adds more fuel .. hense the worse mpg when adding hho . wait till you can address the o2 or map sensor then add the HHO for better results. this does work , but takes work to get it right.
09-27-2008 10:40 PM
splatman2 Offline

You should try reseting the ECU while you wait for your new EFIE. Maybe the ECU will learn the HHO mix as it did for SMACKs RANGER and gave him increase in MPG. It's worth a try.
Have Fun

Smacks Ranger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664jDnlZH5s
09-28-2008 08:06 AM
camry111 Offline

Thanks for the replys. Great advice on reseting the computer.

I am also curious of any other Ford v8 drivers out there who
have gotten results and what works for them?

I will reset the computer and also wait for my
EFIE to return. Thanks
09-28-2008 11:59 AM
splatman2 Offline

camry111 Wrote:Thanks for the replys. Great advice on reseting the computer.

I am also curious of any other Ford v8 drivers out there who
have gotten results and what works for them?

I will reset the computer and also wait for my
EFIE to return. Thanks

To bad I'm not working on my friend F-150 01' He's not ready just yet. Hope so soon. I'll be following your comments as to your progress. Good Luck and please update us.
Have Fun
09-28-2008 08:58 PM
camry111 Offline

I did reset and I think it might have helped. I will keep you updated on the progress once the EFIE is returned.
09-29-2008 02:47 PM
jmck65ac Offline

I had no luck in increasing the mileage on my 2006 f150. tried for weeks. I just gave up may get back to trying it again in the spring. See my post 2006 F150
11-29-2008 07:27 PM
JoeF4x4 Offline

I have an F-150 4X4 with 4.6L engine and have been running a smack design cell that puts out a little over 1 Liter per min. @ 21 amps . My EFFIE is set at 230MV using a bubbler and running the gas to the air intake as well as the pcv valve thru a restricted tube (used for regulating freon)My results are far from spectacular , maybe gained a 1 MPG at best.I personally do not believe this is enough hoo for a V 8 engine.I am still trying and if I get any better results I will post them!

Joe
11-30-2008 03:42 PM
mrbillr Offline

I seem to be another casualty of the f150 family. Something in their computers just is not allowing the tweaking of the fuel mixture.
With a base mileage running around 16mpg, I set off on a mission to improve.
1) I started with a Smack putting out about 1 lpm. I know, not much for a v8 but I wanted to see what it would do. That was basically nil. No gains and no loss.
2) I bought a dual EFIE and installed it. I turned off the Smack and with the EFIE set at .300 bumped my mileage up to 18.5mpg. This is 2.5 more than I was, but all I did was lean it out and not the way to run the truck for any length of time. But it did tell me I had it wired correctly to the 4 wires on the o2 sensors.
3) I then installed a dry cell pumping out 2.7 lpm. I thought that should have done something. I was right, it did something alright. It put me 1 mpg below where I started. I am now down to 15mpg.
4) Right now I turned off the EFIE and am using the dry cell only to see what effect that has on my mileage. I do not have any warm fuzzies in anticipation what these results will be.
5) the truck has a MAF sensor (not the MAP everybody is talking about) and I have built a device with a couple potentiometers I could use to modify the MAF signal but I am not sure that is my problem either. But willing to try it too.

Still have not given up hope, but trying for results. (positive that is)

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
12-01-2008 01:37 PM
tonyc860 Offline

I have a 2005 f150 with 4.6l and have been fighting the numerous sensors for about 8 months now. This truck is difficult but I believe that the end is near. I have a dry cell running to the back of the throttle body only. I gave up on airbox injection based on my past results and other threads here.

I saw a gain from 16 to 19 only with vacuum. Doesn't seem like much but after months in the air box and switching to the vacuum injection and getting 3mpg gain I feel I am headed in the right direction. You must go only vacuum on this truck. I do not have my efie running. My CEL is on now. Had it read and references an IAT idle problem. Since the light went on mileage is poor again. I am going to put my maf enhancer back in and put some fixed resistors on the IAT with hopes that it will resolve this.

I really believe that when this is addressed that the mileage will be consistently at 19 (because I have tried everything else) and then I can go from there. Has any one addressed the IAT? It seems that we are all convinced that the efie and maf are the only areas to modify but I think on this truck the IAT is a major player. I will post again after.

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
12-07-2008 05:44 AM