Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Neutral plates
Zipstor Offline

Neutral plates
What type of gas comes out of a N plate?

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 05:59 PM by colchiro.)
03-10-2009 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benny Offline

RE: Victor Cell no output
(03-10-2009 11:07 PM)Zipstor Wrote:  What type of gas comes out of a N plate?
YADQ

(
Yet
Another
D
umb
Q
uestion
)

No gas whatsoever comes out of either -,+, or N plates. The gases come from the electrolyte. Science 101.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 02:13 AM by benny.)
03-11-2009 02:09 AM
Zipstor Offline

TANSQ: There are no stupid questions.

I have learned at school that when current is run through the water, gaseous oxygen forms at the anode and gaseous hydrogen at the cathode. What's in your book about this? I'm curious about this because I will be looking for a way to collect H and O separately at some point.

BTW: there was no neutral plate involved in the class experiment as a matter of fact... that's why I waited all that time to ask my question here..

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 02:30 AM by Zipstor.)
03-11-2009 02:16 AM
benny Offline

(03-11-2009 02:16 AM)Zipstor Wrote:  TANSQ: There are no stupid questions.

I have learned at school that when current is run through the water, gaseous oxygen forms at the anode and gaseous hydrogen at the cathode. What's in your book about this? I'm curious about this because I will be looking for a way to collect H and O separately at some point.

BTW: there was no neutral plate involved in the class experiment as a matter of fact... that's why I waited all that time to ask my question here..

Simple explanation. Neutral plates.

Face of N plate nearest the negative terminal of your generator takes on negative charge characteristics. Face of plate nearest the positive terminal of your generator takes on positive charge characteristics. ie the face of the plate which is nearest the positive power supply connection is more positively charged than the face of the plate facing the negative power terminal, which is therefor more negatively charged..
I'll leave it to you to work out which gas, oxygen or hydrogen, accumulates at which side of the neutral plates. Should keep you busy and out of harms way for a while.

TANSQ? You are the exception that proves the rule. Same laws of physics apply to everyone, except you, that is. You, however, seem to have developed your own set of rules.

As for separation of H2 and O2, I suggest you read, and try to understand, the numerous posts in the section of the forum reserved for H2 only. If you read through those, you might actually learn something (although I doubt you will. THoneCK will always be THoneCK)
You have the annoying habit of jumping on any passing bandwagon, and cluttering up threads, any threads, started by others, with nonsense posts.
Instead of doing this, why don't you start your own threads. You just might get an informative response to your posts, although I doubt it will help you any. You also have the annoying habit of NOT reading any response to your posts, or failing totally to understand what information is being passed to you. Why don't you ask the forum moderators for a section dedicated to your posts. You never know. You might just catch them in a really good and generous mood.
A 'General knowledge' section perhaps. (Although, in your case, 'general lack of knowledge' might be a better name.)
Better still, what about a special 'Zatafaq' section? Solely for you where you can post ALL your ideas.
No doubt you slept through the lesson on battery construction. HHO generators, of the plate type, follow the same general rules regarding electrical theory, as applied to plate type batteries (Lead acid).

A better analogy might be series resistors, where the end of any resistor, in the sequence, connected toward the positive supply is more positive than the end of the resistor connected toward the negative supply, wrt to voltage reading across each resistor. Consider each plate as a sort of series resistor in your generator. You just might eventually get the right idea.

Electricity 101
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 06:33 AM by benny.)
03-11-2009 04:07 AM
Zipstor Offline

Benny, this is true, you give sound explanations. But why do you have to be grumpy.. That's a mystery to me... Anyway I have decided to give you a positive feedback today :}

So what you are saying, to make short.. The N plate will deliver oxygen on the positive side and hydrogen on the negative side.. more likely.. "Face of plate nearest the positive terminal of your generator takes on positive charge characteristics. ie the face of the plate which is nearest the positive power supply connection is more positively charged than the face of the plate facing the negative power terminal, which is therefor more negatively charged.." So this is not 100% is it? The gasses might be mixed up a bit?

If the mods decide to move this discussion to a separate post, it might be good.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 06:41 PM by Zipstor.)
03-11-2009 05:05 PM
colchiro Offline

(03-11-2009 05:05 PM)Zipstor Wrote:  If the mods decide to move this discussion to a separate post, it might be good.

I was thinking the same thing.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
03-11-2009 06:00 PM
Zipstor Offline

RE: Neutral plates
Et voila!!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 06:42 PM by Zipstor.)
03-11-2009 06:42 PM
benny Offline

(03-11-2009 05:05 PM)Zipstor Wrote:  Benny, this is true, you give sound explanations. But why do you have to be grumpy.. That's a mystery to me... Anyway I have decided to give you a positive feedback today :}

So what you are saying, to make short.. The N plate will deliver oxygen on the positive side and hydrogen on the negative side.. more likely.. "Face of plate nearest the positive terminal of your generator takes on positive charge characteristics. ie the face of the plate which is nearest the positive power supply connection is more positively charged than the face of the plate facing the negative power terminal, which is therefor more negatively charged.." So this is not 100% is it? The gasses might be mixed up a bit?

If the mods decide to move this discussion to a separate post, it might be good.

Unless you have some means of separation of the two gases, yes, they will still be mixed if using plate cells.
As I said, check out the H2 section. You will find more detailed information there.
Some are experimenting with membranes to keep the gases separate.
Allows electricity to pass through, but not the gases generated at each plate face, or electrode.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 01:27 AM by benny.)
03-12-2009 01:26 AM
mtnhillsman Offline

Damn....Zipstor is sure taking alot of abuse.....He's gonna go postal one of these days.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 10:00 AM by mtnhillsman.)
03-12-2009 09:56 AM
Zipstor Offline

I fount the thread that involves membranes, it's 24 pages.. Will have a read through. Cheers.

03-12-2009 05:18 PM