Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New EFIE today
pfai Offline

New EFIE today
Just installed efie, arrived today, thanks for quick shipping. When first started showed 500 mv, then went to 120 range without adjusting anything. Let run about 10 min.- tried to adjust-turned many times, went up just a little,@ first highest would range was 156 mv, now will range between 120 and 220 mv.-should it be a steady reading? and I am afraid to turn much farther since I have turned so many times,but still can't get the mv's up. Suggestions? Thanks,Paul
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2008 03:35 PM by pfai.)
07-31-2008 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: New EFIE today
Paul, I searched all your posts (including a dupe of this one, which I deleted) and can't find a post telling what vehicle this is.

During the first 5-10 minutes your EFIE is powered on, the offset voltage should rise, then level off. That's when you want to set it to your desired setting. This is by design and improves driveability.

The control will turn about 20 turns from end to end and if you hear it start to click, it's reached the maximum. There is a second control in the unit that can increase the setting, but usually that isn't needed.

Is this the deluxe single EFIE (with red and black jacks on the front)?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-31-2008 03:49 PM
pfai Offline

colchiro Wrote:Paul, I searched all your posts (including a dupe of this one, which I deleted) and can't find a post telling what vehicle this is.

During the first 5-10 minutes your EFIE is powered on, the offset voltage should rise, then level off. That's when you want to set it to your desired setting. This is by design and improves driveability.

The control will turn about 20 turns from end to end and if you hear it start to click, it's reached the maximum. There is a second control in the unit that can increase the setting, but usually that isn't needed.

Is this the deluxe single EFIE (with red and black jacks on the front)?
Hi Mike, Yes, this is the deluxe. Vehicle is 1994 Mercedes C220, 1 o2 before cat,2.2 engine. Hooked up on Scan tool and watched wave pattern and is staying on the high mv side much longer than on the low side-meaning looks like doing what it should but my fluke meter readins are all over the place and low.
07-31-2008 04:13 PM
colchiro Offline

Mike is the guy you bought your EFIE from. He's the owner, spends more time with sales, production and product development.

I'm Rick and just do support.Wink

It's difficult to read the O2, b/c (like you said) it's all over the place. That's why you have the jacks on the front of your unit.

If you plug your meter black to black, red to red with scale set to 2 VDC, does the reading act like I described above (gradually increase and level off after a period of time)?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-31-2008 04:50 PM
pfai Offline

colchiro Wrote:Mike is the guy you bought your EFIE from. He's the owner, spends more time with sales, production and product development.

I'm Rick and just do support.Wink

It's difficult to read the O2, b/c (like you said) it's all over the place. That's why you have the jacks on the front of your unit.

If you plug your meter black to black, red to red with scale set to 2 VDC, does the reading act like I described above (gradually increase and level off after a period of time)?
Thanks Rick, worked just as you said on 2v scale, for few minutes-when 1st started went up to .490-was too high so started adjusting down, got to .300 then dropped quickly to .150 and started fluctuating again.Cranked back up several turns and would not come back to .200-will mess with it some more tomorrow. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,Paul
07-31-2008 06:13 PM
colchiro Offline

Any time you make a change, it takes a few minutes to adjust. If you hear a clicking noise, you've reached the end.

You always want to keep it under 450 mv. Any higher and the ECU will think it's unresponsive and throw a code.

Rick

07-31-2008 06:44 PM