Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New HHO guy - help me set it up
daemonus Offline

New HHO guy - help me set it up
I decided to buy myself a HHO generator, so i chose something appropiate for my engine, Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDI year 2007, Euro IV.
The EGR valve is blocked out, the intake manifold cleaned allright, oil and filters changed every 5.000km. The engine has 205.000km so far, bought it from new.

This is the kit i chose: http://hhoplusgas.com/product.php?id_product=11

In addition, bought and fitted a 30A PWM and a HEC Chip. The Lambda Sensor Extender was fitted also (along with the skin from my hands, but that is another story).

After 4.000km, no improovement in fuel economy at all. Tried with and without HEC chip, with and without extender and various AMPS values. No result.

The only fuel economy was on my last trip, from 7.2 liters/100km to 6.8 liters/100km and that was due to my driving (know that because i have done it before). Otherwise...no economy whatsoever....

Today i measured the amount of HHO gas that the cell is producing, empiric method indeed (water displacement method), but i found out that in 2:30 minutes, at 9 AMPS the cell produces only 750ml of HHO gas. I have put around 60 grams of KOH (90% purity) in one liter of water (that is 3 times the quantity the cell producer reccomends to start with).

The amount of HHO gas required for my engine (as cell manufacturer states) is 0.55 liters/minute, so my cell does not produce the required amount of gas - at least that seems to be the problem.

[undefined=undefined]Should i increase the amount of KOH ?[/undefined]

Noticed that after a while, the electrolyte starts to warm up, so it draws more current, while producing some steam along with HHO gas.

[undefined=undefined]Is the steam corosive ?[/undefined]

Also, the manufacturer advises to mount the "injection" point after the MAF sensor (so i guess the HHO gas somehow is corosive, so that kinda answers to my question about the steam). But setting the injection point after the MAF, creates some sort of vacuum in the bubbler (!), and that is not right, because if you step on it, you might get some dirty crap inside your engine...not a good ideea.

[undefined=undefined]How to prevent vaccum beeing formed in the bubbler ?[/undefined]

Another thing that bothers me is that when the electrolyte gets warm, its volume increases and part of reaches into the bubbler. Along with some crappy corosive foam...

[undefined=undefined]How can i prevent foaming ?[/undefined]

After reading quite a alot about HHO gas and systems, i guess it is the only possible way to save some fuel, as the gas behaves like a cetane improover (not sure if i chose the right words), like an fuel additive causing the fuel to burn more complete. But what i have failed to find out is ...

[undefined=undefined]How much HHO gas is needed to achive some sort of noticeable economy ?[/undefined]

Thank you and waiting for your feedback.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 09:34 AM by daemonus.)
09-01-2014 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
daemonus Offline

RE: New HHO guy - help me set it up
Nevermind....i throw it away, waste of time.
10-19-2014 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply