Yes it could be
No it isn't feasable
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Mix for Electrolyte
comrevkr Offline

Cool New Mix for Electrolyte
Cool A couple of years ago I read a thread in a forum about using urine or urea to produce more hho. I have searched for a couple of days for that thread to add to this but I haven't found it. Since that time DEF has come into play. DEF or Diesel Exhaust Fluid that is used in the 2011 diesels injected into the exhaust to burn off the sulfides and other pollutants that are in diesel exhaust producing cleaner emmissions. Well DEF is now available to be public. So peepower is now a reallity.
I found it at the auto parts at which I work part time and they are building gas pumps with this new feature. DEF is approx 65% water and 35% urea. Has a strong ammonia smell. I am testing it and here is the latest mix so for.
Naoh solution ---14tlbs of lye/gal water ---3cups
1/2 gal water
3 cups of DEF

1st test with a 25 plate gen. with .130 gap between plates-- 1/4lpm @ 12amps.
2nd test with a 21 plate gen. with .070 gap approx 1lpm @ 20amps.
same mix.
gen has 3.5in dia work area on a 4" plate. .060 thk power plate and .040 bipolar 304 kooline stainless dry cell. this is at 12v or less. lawn battery and charger.
I believe we can use less of our harmful electrolyte with the def.
I also believe the laughing about peeing in our gas tanks is coming to be a real deal. Your thought and comments and results are welcome.Cool

Cool
1994 Mazda B3000 3.0L V-6
400k+ miles and still going strongBig Grin
05-18-2011 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
comrevkr Offline

Cool RE: New Mix for Electrolyte
Cool Okay. Check this out, Did the bottle test and with this mix and my setup I was getting about 3/4lpm @ 20amps. Made new mix of same naoh solution 4 cups and 4 cups of def fluid. Drained and reloaded new mix and same results. Okay, let's see what 1tbls of lye added to the unit and stir it up and see what we get. I got after letting it run for 15 min at 23amps I got almost the whole liter. It took 1min and 10sec to get it. Then I saw my multimeter sitting in my tool box. I never thought to check the voltage. Crazy Duh! 10.5 volts. Hmm Now someone do the math for me. Same setup, what would 14volts get me and I wonder what the amps would be. 21 plates [-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-], 3.5 in dia. work area on 4in sq., .040 thk biploar plates and .060 thk power plates, .070 gap between plates.Gasp Help me out guys. Blush

Cool
05-18-2011 04:23 PM
martinruf Offline

RE: New Mix for Electrolyte
http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-using-u...ght=adblue
Your DEF is our adblue.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-freezin...4#pid33194
You will not need NaOH for DEF only, but after a periode the urea is empty, you'll need NaOH for the water -- or add new DEF/Adblue/Pee

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011 05:56 AM by martinruf.)
05-23-2011 05:55 AM
comrevkr Offline

DEF is what it is sold as here in the US. Just came on the shelves at Autozone about two or three months ago. I also work for a gas pump manufactor and went just put into production DEF add ons for diesel pumps. Just think, each time you pump gas you might be handleing something that has my finger prints in it somewhere. Yes adblue came out in Europe first and The US slow to catch on due to dumb politicians and epa dummies. All they are interested in is our money and being dependant on foriegn oil.

Cool
05-23-2011 04:18 PM
comrevkr Offline

I tried the def alone and it does produce but small amounts or low flow rate. with the weak naoh sol it went to 1/2lpm. will test a stronger mix later. But tring to find nickel plate material, cause the urea works better with nickel than stainless.

Cool
05-24-2011 12:54 AM
comrevkr Offline

Thanks for finding the threads I was looking for. Haven't had any luck finding nickel plates, which are eaisier to work with than stainless. I try to find everything local that I can. With the mix I am using as of now with the low voltage of 10.5 volts, I am producing almost a lpm. will increase voltage to 14v when connected to truck. I predict it will put out a lot more.
also I am making new gaskets for unit to increase area and will sand plates as well. New gaskets will give me almost 1sq in per plate more. Pictures later.

Cool
05-25-2011 12:44 AM
mark12jon Offline
Banned

Yes it could be fine Experience if you apply this method...
05-30-2011 03:28 AM