Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New build looks promising.
Author Message
stevekos7 Offline
Member
***

Posts: 243
Joined: Jun 2008
Reputation: 0
Post: #1
New build looks promising.
Hi all, just an update on my latest build. I would post a pic but I've got problems with my camera. Will send later.

I built this latest one in a perspex box 4.5mm. Used polyeurethane sealant to build it. Poly works much better than anything else I've used. The cell is a series cell +nnnnn-....+nnnnn- sealed on the sides against the box, but no divider between the sets. I can always put one in later, but I don't think I'll need one.

I am going to leave it another few days to fully cure before putting it to work, but gave it a quick bench test yesterday. I didn't test the output but looks good at 5 amps, around the same as my old one at 10 amps. I noticed that with the series cell I needed alot more caustic, but this time stayed much cleaner.

It looks like I might have the cell I need finally! Next it's on to some thorough bench testing and then I will install it.

Thanks colchiro and others for your help so far!

The truth is out there....

Edit: Correction - my cell is +nnnnn-....-nnnnn+ separated in the middle because I didn't have nylon bolts long enough to make it one cell.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2008 06:55 PM by stevekos7.)
07-28-2008 08:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)