Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New guy here and have ALOT of ?'s
Donor Offline

New guy here and have ALOT of ?'s
[/size][/b][b][size=medium] Glad to be here. Here we go. I have a 99 cherokee and have done alot of research online to try to put a system togather. LMAO I don't know where to start ! I was looking for a dry cell unit which i think I need about a 16 plate design to make some good HHo for gas mileage on my Cherokee. Something that puts out 2-3 lpm's. Thats what I have kind of gathered so far. Also the FS2 chip thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction here ?: Crazy
01-13-2012 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: New guy here and have ALOT of ?'s
You actually don't need nearly that much HHO. One good, honest LPM is more than enough. More than that, and you will not get as good of gains. You'll probably use the same cell, but don't run it that high and you'll get better gains.

What is your question though? Where to get one? We like the ones from http://www.dry-cells.com.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-14-2012 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donor Offline

I found a 16 plate on ebay which I was getting ready to buy which was about $100 or so. There is just so much to try and understand. Some say the Volo FS2 or others say efie, extenders, and all this other stuff. From what I have found after a month og googling and searching around it seems like guys with a 4.0 liter cherokee are using 2 seperate cells. I just don't know how many plates people are using and the sizes of them and other variables. From what i have read 2 cells cuts down on heat. Any info or advice is appreciated. I will check out the link. Thank You
01-15-2012 11:10 AM
mike Offline

That 16 plate cell will be more than enough for your Jeep. Run it at 10 or 12 amps. That will be plenty.

Generally, EFIEs give better gas mileage than Volo chips. But extenders are useless. Don't bother with them.

Visit Our Documents Page
01-16-2012 01:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donor Offline

Thanks Mike for keeping up on my questions. Everytime someone gives an answer I am writing them down. i understand most people on this forum seem to be like mad scientists and get tired of basic questions. I feel the same way at times seeing the same questions on my Jeep forum.
01-16-2012 06:46 PM
mike Offline

Its no problem. But you might like to check out my documents page. It's linked below in my signature. I've written up a lot of basic information about HHO systems and EFIEs and so forth in those pages. It should answer a bunch of questions before they even come up. Smile

Visit Our Documents Page
01-17-2012 05:43 PM
Donor Offline

WOW. I know what i am reading tonight.
01-18-2012 04:12 PM