Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to forums and apprehensive!
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

New to forums and apprehensive!
I have two Water4gas with 4 wires (316l) on each electrode which is a little more than the water4gas suggestions. I placed a vaporizer (just introducing water vapor into the intake).

I have a 1993 GMC Jimmy S15 that has an EPA of 15 city and then drove a little over 30 miles and filled the tank again and after calculation got 22.35 miles for the trip per gallon as I used less than 1.5 gallons as per EPA.

I am apprehensive about putting the system in place with HHO. I have a tee cut into the intake at the PCV valve (it is currently plugged) and will also put another into the air intake after the air filter before the intake manifold. My engine is a 4.3 liter or 262 cubic inch V6 Vortec with CPI (Central port injection).

Should I go ahead and finish the install which will include the electrolyzer as well as a relay that operates through the windshield wiper motor then through a toggle switch and then from a 20 supply that then goes to the electrolyzer?

Or should I try another system? I spent about 100 dollars for the jars and towers with the stainless steel wire and another 118 dollars for the ten CDs I ordered. I have seen the Smack booster and have the plans for it as well as stainless steel washers and even more, but space is important (I do not want anything in my cabin (it is an SUV) any help will be appreciated!
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2009 02:57 PM by houdini1953.)
10-31-2009 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: New to forums and apprehensive!
The Smacks system is highly rated, sorry but the Water4Gas much less. The wires typically have a short life and are better suited for boiling electrolyte, (which I wouldn't want to suck into my engine).

You need to be careful dealing with vacuum, it's easy to get a vacuum leak.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-31-2009 06:36 PM
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

(10-31-2009 06:36 PM)colchiro Wrote:  The Smacks system is highly rated, sorry but the Water4Gas much less. The wires typically have a short life and are better suited for boiling electrolyte, (which I wouldn't want to suck into my engine).

You need to be careful dealing with vacuum, it's easy to get a vacuum leak.

After more time and actually making a Smack wet cell but not finished I have gone to making a dry cell like the BB Smack V. Currently getting in contact with a sheet metal supplier to see about purchasing some small scrap when they shear stainless that is too small for most applications.
11-11-2009 09:11 AM
colchiro Offline

I didn't know Smacks still promoted his wet cell.

Yes, dry cell is the way to go.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2009 09:44 AM
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

(11-11-2009 09:44 AM)colchiro Wrote:  I didn't know Smacks still promoted his wet cell.

Yes, dry cell is the way to go.

I am not sure if he does but am more excited about the Gen V and even though it takes more precision and all seems to be a great project at least till now.

It is also small enough to place in the limited space I have in my Jimmy and with the small current consumption should not hurt the 105 alternator I have. I just replaced the fuel pump on this vehicle and am sort of low on funds but am now looking at materials to make one or possibly buy one already built from him.

Having difficulty finding the NPT taps and with this new design only one is necessary a 1/8" NPT if I understand what I saw in the videos I have been looking at.
11-11-2009 12:31 PM
colchiro Offline

Last tap I bought was at a Home Depot, Menards or Lowes plumbing section.

Rick

11-11-2009 12:45 PM
houdini1953 Offline
HHO Learner

(11-11-2009 12:45 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Last tap I bought was at a Home Depot, Menards or Lowes plumbing section.

Just went to the Irwin website and they had some online dealers and was able to place an online order for an Irwin Cut thread Taper Pipe Tap (HSS)-1/8" 27 NPT for $2.61 to be delivered to Northern Tool about 8 miles away for free available in 5 to 10 days, so I am just waiting, the only other places like Grainger and other Plumbing suppliers did not have but could deliver them for about 28 dollars.

So it seems that if you go straight to the manufacturer you will get a better deal unless you are in a big hurry.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2009 02:15 PM by houdini1953.)
11-11-2009 02:14 PM