Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to the forum!
GrneoP Offline

New to the forum!
Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself. I name is Gustavo English is not my first language so excuse me if I don't express myself clearly and please be nice to me Big Grin .
I drive a 1997 Ford F-150 V6 4.2l with 99860 miles that on a good day with mix drive I will get no more then 16.4 MPG.
And I've been doing research on HHO for about 3 months now ( I know, it is not enough but...) And about 2 months ago I decided to pull the plug and start ordering the components to build a Smackbooster GenII. Then I realize after reading on this forum and some other sources that only one Smack would not cut for my truck, so I will be building 2 Smacks this coming weekend once I get the 40 316ss plates from my sheet metal guy on Friday, hoping to get around 3 lpm with the 2 Gen running at 15 AMPs each.
Now this is what I have so far:
35 Amp PWM
Dual Edge MAP/MAF
2 O2 sensor extender ( that I don't know if I will use)
ScanGaugeII (on order, will be here on Monday) hope will be useful on my truck.
RadioShack 220 ohm resistor for IAT sensor.

I also contemplate on buying a Dual EFIE but I don't know if will work with the O2 sensor in my truck ( 4 wires and I could not figure it out if any EFIE will work)

Well that is it for now and thanks for the great pile of great information on this forum.
05-13-2009 07:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: New to the forum!
Hi Gustavo. See this link for information on which efie to use. Toyota and Honda started to use wideband o2 sensors in California in '97 and Ford picked them up later so I doubt you'd need wideband, but it's best to confirm with Bruce.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-13-2009 01:12 PM
GrneoP Offline

Thank you,
Just email him.
05-14-2009 04:54 AM
GrneoP Offline

Bruce reply to the email,
"Hello Gustavo,
You have 2 narrow band sensors upstream of your catalytic converter so one of our dual narrow band EFIE’s is what you would need.
You can get one in our online store at http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/"

Now my question is: Should I wait until the Dual Digital EFIE Deluxe is out or should I go with Dual EFIE Deluxe?
On the site is saying that the new Dual Digital EFIE Deluxe is expected to be available on 26 May 09.
And that is just little over a week!!
05-17-2009 02:07 PM
colchiro Offline

No way would I go with the analog efie if I can get the digital one. The digital one appears to be trusted by the ECU, much more than the older model.

Looks like the dual digital efie has been discontinued for the quad efie (2 digital for the front and 2 analog for the rear).

I'd wait until May 26 or check with Bruce and see if you can pre-order.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-17-2009 07:08 PM
GrneoP Offline

Well, hope I can pre-order cuz I was talking to my wife late last night after I post here, and she was like " what are you waiting for? just place the order if they are saying that will be available on the 26 they wont send you what they don't have! "
And seems like couple other people did the same, now if you click on add to cart shows -3 in stock Big Grin
But I will check with Bruce.
05-18-2009 07:33 AM
colchiro Offline

I also noticed the -3 in stock.Big Grin

That's probably the old model tho.

Rick

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2009 02:41 PM by colchiro.)
05-18-2009 12:59 PM
hooterhog Offline

Rolleyes RE: New to the forum!
hey Bruce, I still waiting for replacement narrow band deluxe that would not
bench test or would not adjust. order #5381:
05-20-2009 09:32 AM
mike Offline

(05-20-2009 09:32 AM)hooterhog Wrote:  hey Bruce, I still waiting for replacement narrow band deluxe that would not
bench test or would not adjust. order #5381:

Hi Hooterhog,

Please give us a call at 503-738-7131. We're here from 8-4:30 M-F (Pacific time). I think I recall this from some time ago, but maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else. Any service issues get shipped same day, so if you have not received your unit, I think someone might have dropped the ball. Please call so we can get it corrected soonest.
Hi Guys,

I should have posted something about this. I usually announce the new products after I have them in stock to avoid people wanting a product they have to wait for. This was made worse by the fact that our first run of Digital EFIE Deluxe sold out too fast to get them restocked. But here's the deal:

The Dual Digital EFIE Deluxe will be available again in approximately 3 weeks. It will have the same electronics, but the case will be spiffier. It will be in a smaller case, will have 3 LEDs (power and an activity LED for each channel). The case will be printed so you can easily see what the controls do, etc.

However, next week (week ending 29 May 09) we will have the new Quad EFIE. I haven't even worked out the name yet, because it will have Dual Digital EFIEs for the front sensors and Dual Analog EFIEs for the rear. This is the result of how many vehicles we are finding that use the rear sensors as part of the air/fuel calcs. Also, of those that don't use them, some will still throw check engine lights because the readings between front and rear don't match up.

This is not a symptom of digital EFIEs but of all EFIEs. So, we're making the world's first (as far as I know) Quad EFIE. It will not be in a Deluxe style box. It will be like our Dual Wideband Basic, in that it will be a in an open box and the circuit board will be covered by a special epoxy resin made for encapsulating circuit boards. It will have a terminal block on one end for connecting your wires. There will be one pot for controlling the front digital EFIEs and another pot for controlling the downstream EFIEs. It has a set of test points for setting the upstream and downstream EFIEs, a power led, and activity LEDs showing the digital EFIEs activity.

Anyone who has dual upstream sensors and one or more downstream sensors should probably use this one to make sure that the rear sensors are not causing you grief. It's not priced yet, but should be about the same cost as the Dual Digital Deluxe. At any rate, regardless of price, anyone ordering the Dual Digital EFIE Deluxe will be given the option of getting this unit instead, so they don't have to wait. And it's OK to order it even though it's currently got a negative stock number.

Wow, that was longer than I had planned. I hope this isn't confusing anyone. We're just trying to produce the best possible product, and sometimes the advances in technology are running ahead of our documents to explain everything. But we'll get it all caught up soon. Hope this helps.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2009 01:21 PM by mike.)
05-20-2009 01:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply