Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie Here Saying Hello
jjski78 Offline

Newbie Here Saying Hello
Just wanted to say hello. A friend of mine emailed me a PDF file from one of the many websites with plans to build an HHO generator, so I decided to seek out a forum and check to see if this was nothing more than snake oil. Apparently it isn't. So hopefully, I will be building and installing an electrlyzer on my 2005 Nissan Frontier 4.0. I'm hoping to bring the mileage up from it's current average of 19MPG to anywhere from 30-40 or beyond. I have noticed a lot of people using the EFIE on their cars, and while it seems to be a fantastic product, I was wondering one thing...In my old car (2001 Galant), I put a header on it that deleted the pre-cat. When I did this it obviously tripped the SES light. To correct the problem I bought a simple O2 Sensor simulator for $30 and the light went away. All this was was a simple circuit wired to the signal leads of the sensor that sent a dummy signal to the ECU saying everything was good. My question is this...if it sends a dummy signal the whole time, showing proper readings to the ECU, what is the advantage of the EFIE over the O2 Simulator?? Just a thought I had. Anyways, hello from Arkansas, and hopefully I can get this gas pig to turn gas sipper. In the meantime, I'm shopping for a scooter.
06-04-2008 05:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: Newbie Here Saying Hello
I take it your dummy signal to the ECU is constant. One advantage of the EFIE is that it can be dialed, depending on your mod requirements.
06-04-2008 05:46 AM
jjski78 Offline

Yeah, it's a constant signal. It's a small chip encased in epoxy that sends a constant signal to the ECU telling it all is well. I'm thinking just a basic HHO generator, O2 extenders (where do you get those???!!), and the EFIE.
06-04-2008 05:59 AM
hansintheusa Offline

Hi JJ,
Check out e-bay and search for "water4gas" or "HHO Generators". You'll find both simple HHO Generators and O2 extenders. But watch out though, me myself got the WFG Generator with a little bit different design (two long rods instead of the tower design) and I'm in the process of finding out if it actually creates enough HHO. Please also observe that a lot of times people are offering MAP-sensor enhancers for sale and name them wrongfully MAP/EFIE-enhancers. EFIE enhancer has a totaly different design than the MAP enhancer.

1993 Toyota P/U 22RE (HHO Experiment Rig)
1996 VW Golf (Future Experiment Rig)
1999 Audi A8 (Wife's Car)
1998 Volvo V70 AWD-Project Car...
06-06-2008 10:12 AM