Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie Question
magtech Offline

Newbie Question
Hi to all,
I'm new to this forum and I'm very interested to own one of the EFIE product being sold here. At this time, I'm still collecting information as well as parts that I will be needing to build my own HHO Generator.
My question: Does the potetiometer alone can alter the oxygen sensor signal? (sorry stupid question) Thanks
07-26-2008 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Newbie Question
Hi Mag.

Yes, the pot controls the o2 mixture (however other automotive sensors will also influence it).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-26-2008 09:33 AM
magtech Offline

colchiro Wrote:Hi Mag.

Yes, the pot controls the o2 mixture (however other automotive sensors will also influence it).

Could you please give me some info about this? Thanks
07-26-2008 05:52 PM
colchiro Offline

Check out my Tuning for Mileage link for some info on the sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-26-2008 05:57 PM
magtech Offline

colchiro Wrote:Check out my Tuning for Mileage link for some info on the sensors.

Yeah I will, Thanks again.
07-26-2008 06:09 PM
colchiro Offline

There's a week's worth of reading on the first link in my Toyota Sensors link too. FWIW, it's not just for Toyotas.Wink

Rick

07-26-2008 06:17 PM
Atom Offline

magtech Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:Hi Mag.

Could you please give me some info about this? Thanks
What he is saying here is that the O2 sensor alone does not control the fuel being supplied to the engine ,for example under full trottle the ECU may go into a pre schedule fuel program and at this point the O2 sensor means nothing and if you have an EFIE installed it will mean nothing also. There are many other sensors that control the fuel supply that it is diffucult to lean out the fuel so that you can supplement your consumpesion with HHO. When you add HHO and lean out fuel ratio your ECU is going to start adjusting like crazy to get your ratio back to the 14:1 ratio like it was programmed to do and there probaly isn't any thing your going to do about it. Hopefully that some day that some body will have a ECU that you can use that will take of all these problems that we are having.
07-26-2008 08:21 PM
magtech Offline

colchiro Wrote:There's a week's worth of reading on the first link in my Toyota Sensors link too. FWIW, it's not just for Toyotas.Wink

Just a final question before I spend a week of readingBig Grin.
Would you suggest to use EFIE, MAP/MAF Enhacer and CTS signal adjuster all at same time when I install my HHO Gen.
Would the Apexi S-AFC I/II can also acheive this result of leaning the mixture(if the budget is not a problem)? ThanksSmile
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2008 08:23 PM by magtech.)
07-26-2008 08:22 PM
Atom Offline

magtech Wrote:
colchiro Wrote:There's a week's worth of reading on the first link in my Toyota Sensors link too. FWIW, it's not just for Toyotas.Wink

Just a final question before I spend a week of readingBig Grin.
Would you suggest to use EFIE, MAP/MAF Enhacer and CTS signal adjuster all at same time when I install my HHO Gen.
Would the Apexi S-AFC I/II can also acheive this result of leaning the mixture(if the budget is not a problem)? ThanksSmile
You can try but it is not a garuntee, be carefull when you play with all this stuff so that you don't scorch a piston or burn a valve. It would be nice if you would be able to monitor exhaust temp when getting this radicule.
07-26-2008 08:46 PM
magtech Offline

Yeah, good thing I have a diagnostic and data logging tool to use (Evoscan).
07-26-2008 08:57 PM