Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie and questions.
MaxBruce Offline

Newbie and questions.
Hi all, my name is Max, and I am semi retired Industrial maint./electrician.Smile I have installed a HHO booster and been trying to trick my EEC V control.
I have a Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 engine and a EEC V CPU to control everything. I have been monitoring it with a CAN OBD II unit which gives limited live data.
I am waiting for my EFIE device from here.
In the meantime I am trying to modify signals from CTS, IAC, MAF sensors.
Today I read the page about putting resistors in the circuits.
On the page it said ford's may like 5K in parallel , I tried with a 3.3K resistor, the OBD II read coolant temp as 300 degF. I tried 5.5K = 456degF., all the way down to 10 ohms in parallel and it read 300degF. Also spent 2 hrs tracing down supposed blown fuse to find out that my battery was down to 6.45 volts. Sad Charging now) WHEW thought I burned it up.
Has anyone worked with a Ford EEC V CPU??? I sure don't want to let the smoke out. Big Grin HAHAHA

I could sure use some help.
Sincerely Max Bruce
05-16-2008 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Newbie and questions.
You're an electrician? If it calls for 5,000 ohms in parallel, why do you think 10 ohms in parallel is ok? Shocked I can see why you're blowing fuses.

Yup, don't let the magic smoke out. Blush

I don't have a Ford, but the coolant and air temp sensors worked nicely for my Toyota. The other ones are harder. Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-16-2008 07:41 PM
MaxBruce Offline

Ha your right , some electrician. I took some resistance measurments at different temps from the CTS they are pretty linear.
50deg F =58.75K
145degF=10.05K
192degF =2.92K
I came back in and did some online research and found a temp vs res chart and My three #'s fall right in there, so If in parallell to raise temp on OBD II to ~205deg F .
I need a parallel resistor of ~10.5K-11.0K (need to look in my notes...
Part of the problem is I do not have an exact copy of the pinouts of the EEC V in my vehicle. THe one I have is an EEC V but 5 yrs older. (is this the correct gray/red tracer wire for CTS??? get the idea? ) And NO I didn't blow a fuse, The battery had gotten down to 6 volts and nothing worked. Untill I charged it back up. Who'da thunk it?
MaxB
05-16-2008 08:05 PM
colchiro Offline

I like to think my "elevator" goes to the top floor, but the doors sometimes stick. Hmm

Unless some Ford expert pops in, it's trial and error with a lot of Googling in between.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-16-2008 09:10 PM