Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie, first post, EFIE installed...
bigjim56 Offline

Newbie, first post, EFIE installed...
Hello, I'm a newbie here and just bought the EFIE deluxe from this website, I have a few questions about my setup.

I just installed the single deluxe EFIE on my 2001 Acura Integra 1.8L 4 cylinder 5-speed manual. I'm currently using a six pack of water4gas design HHO generators. I have just finished test running my first dry cell and plan to install it within the next week or two.

According to the installation instructions it is best to start the offset at the 200mv level and then work your way up from there, correct? I also have a map sensor installed that I purchased from pennyfuel.com that I can use in conjuction w/the generators and EFIE setup for mpg enhancement. I'm worried about making my adjustment too lean w/the map sensor and burning my valves. How do I know if its too lean, by the chugging of the engine?

Also, I assume that once I go too far on the EFIE setting, the Engine warning light will come on and it'll have to be reset and set to the lower level prior to the engine light coming on. This is the "sweet spot" of my HHO setup, correct. What I mean is...I can find the sweet spot for my water4gas design, but this spot will be different for my dry cell installation because of the difference in the HHO output of the 2 different designs. This sounds correct, just curious what others think about this.

This is a nice website w/lots of useful information.

Thanks for the replies,

bigjim56
03-31-2009 08:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Newbie, first post, EFIE installed...
All of the things that you have surmised are correct.

However, I would just use the EFIE to start with. Only use the MAP after you have optimized the EFIE setting to get the best fuel mileage. You will likely find that you don't need the MAP. I suspect once you get everything dialed in with your EFIE, the MAP will not give you better mileage. In this case don't use it. One of the nice things about an that particular EFIE design is that it really can't make your engine too lean. If you set it too high, it will cause the ECU to throw a code, and ignore it. Your mileage will become awful until you correct the matter, but you won't burn up your valves/pistons.

If you are going to install a dry-cell, I would just do that right away, because the settings will be different, as you say. But once you've got things set, you can leave them alone (at least with the EFIE).

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-31-2009 09:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigjim56 Offline

RE: Newbie, first post, EFIE installed...
Thanks Mike, I'll do it like you said. I already used the map and threw a code, so I reset it and dialed up the setting by 50...now its at 250mv.
Will set it to 300 later tonight to try and max the output from this water4gas setup. I will be installing the dry cell next week sometime and then will go thru the process again. It's not a big bother to adjust or readjust at all. I would assume that the highest setting from the water4gas setting would be the lowest starting point for the dry cell, considering the dry cell burys the w4g in HHO output.

Thanks again,

bigjim56
04-02-2009 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply