Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie questions
Cormob Offline

Newbie questions
Hi guys, this is my first post here but I've been doing plenty of reading and reading and still more reading about which system is best and how to build etc. I'm going to get started on a HHO very soon, something like Sid Youngs I hope since they seem to be highly rated. I guess my first question (of many I'm sure) is this: Has anyone installed a cell on a turbocharged diesel?

I'm driving a 2003 VW Golf 1.9l Diesel TDI which has already had the ECU remapped for extra Bhp, economy and cleaner running. Am I right in thinking that on a turbo diesel you would introduce the HHO through the air filter housing rather than the fuel line?

Do you need the same quantity of HHO for a diesel as you do for petrol engine? Is a PWM neccessary? Are they hard to build yourself?

Is anyone here based in Ireland? I haven't heard (yet) of anyone over here doing this kind of thing but I'd love to get a first hand look at a running cell.

Thanks in advance,
Cormac
05-02-2009 04:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbillr Offline

RE: Newbie questions
(05-02-2009 04:41 AM)Cormob Wrote:  Hi guys, this is my first post here but I've been doing plenty of reading and reading and still more reading about which system is best and how to build etc. I'm going to get started on a HHO very soon, something like Sid Youngs I hope since they seem to be highly rated. I guess my first question (of many I'm sure) is this: Has anyone installed a cell on a turbocharged diesel?

I'm driving a 2003 VW Golf 1.9l Diesel TDI which has already had the ECU remapped for extra Bhp, economy and cleaner running. Am I right in thinking that on a turbo diesel you would introduce the HHO through the air filter housing rather than the fuel line?

Do you need the same quantity of HHO for a diesel as you do for petrol engine? Is a PWM neccessary? Are they hard to build yourself?

Is anyone here based in Ireland? I haven't heard (yet) of anyone over here doing this kind of thing but I'd love to get a first hand look at a running cell.

Thanks in advance,
Cormac

I have it on my 2008 Ford F250 Power Stroke Diesel 6.4 liter v8. It has twin turbos on it. I feed the HHO in through the air filter.

Here is a recent post regarding my dry cell. So far I have realized 15% gain in mpg. I have added a small pump and do not have any new numbers running with it yet.
My Dry Cell

MrBill
2008 f250 XLT 6.4 diesel 2x4 automatic extended cab
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2009 08:54 AM by mrbillr.)
05-02-2009 08:53 AM
Cormob Offline

Rubber silicone sheet, great idea. Ihave a bynch of O-rings that i was thinking of using but the silicone looks better. Is it prefferable to have such a small cavity for the water solution between plates? Would a larger cavity be wasted space?

I've read some of the gas engines are getting massive gains, 40%-120% or something. Is there something about diesel engines that make them less adaptable to the change?
05-03-2009 02:05 AM
jbalat Offline

Why wouldnt you use proven technology and go LPG diesel coversion.. or are you just like the rest of us and love to tinker ?
05-03-2009 03:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cormob Offline

I definitely love to tinker. I should have been a mechanic or engineer i think. I also have a ford puma which i want to convert so there's a couple of reasons.
05-03-2009 05:50 AM