Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie seeks some info
atomant Offline

Newbie seeks some info
Hi!

I am driving Ford S-max, 2 liter DOHC engine (Duratec HE), year 2007. So far I have allready converted it to LPG but I am thinking to add HHO generator to it. I think with my current setup of LPG I can adjust my mixture to be more lean with added HHO or am I mistaken? Or do I need an EFIE regardless my LPG setup?

Regards,
Sasa
07-16-2008 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoozadoctor Offline

RE: Newbie seeks some info
atomant Wrote:Hi!

I am driving Ford S-max, 2 liter DOHC engine (Duratec HE), year 2007. So far I have allready converted it to LPG but I am thinking to add HHO generator to it. I think with my current setup of LPG I can adjust my mixture to be more lean with added HHO or am I mistaken? Or do I need an EFIE regardless my LPG setup?

Regards,
Sasa

G'Day.
I am currently using the Sprint LPG Gas System, which comes with it's own, after market computer, that piggy-backs the ECU. It is preset and no matter what you do it doesn't change. I am about to replace it with a mechanical Impco system. I am able to have the needle and seat (for want of a better word for it) mechanically machined to give me greater control of the AFR (air fuel ratio) at low revs/speeds and there is ample adjustment to control the high end as well.

It will all be done mechanically, NO electronics what so ever,of course the cars sensors will still be connected to the ECU, but as the injectors are disabled while running on gas then the ecu will have no control over it. The only things I can see that the ECU can control would be the timing and the nock sensors.

As for getting any benefit from the hydrogen all my tests todate show no increase what so ever. I beleive LPG is 100% efficient anyway.

Doc
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2008 12:51 AM by hoozadoctor.)
07-22-2008 12:43 AM
atomant Offline

I have Prins VSI LPG system installed in mine. Next week I am scheduled for installation of new electronic Flashlube system so I will speek with the guys about all the settings possible on the LPG side computer.
07-22-2008 01:54 AM
deon Offline

Hi Newbie. i am from SA, i also drive with LP Gas, but i only use it as a exstra fuel or by product. i have had a huge increade on my performance but want to add HHO to my setup. I drive a ISUZU 3 L diesel pick up. i have read that there is also a huge increase in economy.
07-22-2008 06:41 AM