Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newer Hondas and mileage gains?
AlexR Offline

Newer Hondas and mileage gains?
Is anybody getting any gains with the newer Hondas? Such as 2002 to 2004 ish years? I know these have the A/F Ratio sensors, but anybody have luck with them?

I see a lot of posts about Toyotas on here, but not sure if that is because,
1. Just a lot of people have Toyotas
- or -
2. Toyotas are harder to mod , hence why more people with them are on here.

I know about 5 people who are interested in better mileage with Hondas in this year range and was wondering if anybody had any results/ideas to pass on.

Thanks,

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
10-29-2008 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gigmoto Offline

RE: Newer Hondas and mileage gains?
AlexR Wrote:Is anybody getting any gains with the newer Hondas? Such as 2002 to 2004 ish years? I know these have the A/F Ratio sensors, but anybody have luck with them?

I see a lot of posts about Toyotas on here, but not sure if that is because,
1. Just a lot of people have Toyotas
- or -
2. Toyotas are harder to mod , hence why more people with them are on here.

I know about 5 people who are interested in better mileage with Hondas in this year range and was wondering if anybody had any results/ideas to pass on.

Thanks,

I installed my homemade smack in August on my 04 Honda element. The hydroxy gas production is abt 1 lpm. Used NaOH. It ran at 10 amps cold and 16 amps hot. I had a bubbler and fed it to the air manifold after the air filter. My baseline is 23 mpg and resulted in 20 to 22 mpg. I installed an oxygen sensor extender and it made the engine run rough and it sounded like it would kill off during idle and at traffic stops. Didn't install an efie because my 4-wire sensor is an LAF (lean air fuel) sensor according to the book. Took it all off in October.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2008 01:00 PM by Gigmoto.)
11-13-2008 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply