Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NewsChannel 5 put the Hydro-4000 to the test
nyc_tek Offline

NewsChannel 5 put the Hydro-4000 to the test
Hey guys check out this news clip NewsChannel 5 put the Hydro-4000 to the test from 9.4 mpg to 23.2 mpg on a 2001 Durango V8 truck.

http://www.wptv.com/content/specialrepor...9c4bb13a28
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2008 10:16 AM by nyc_tek.)
06-17-2008 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

RE: NewsChannel 5 put the Hydro-4000 to the test
Good publicity for the technology. $1200 is pretty steep for that unit but it seems to work pretty well.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2008 12:39 PM by qsiguy.)
06-17-2008 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nyc_tek Offline

qsiguy Wrote:Good publicity for the technology. $1200 is pretty steep for that unit but it seems to work pretty well.

Yes the price is really steep like you said,but if the hydro-4000 gets great results on most car models people will pay for it,as long as they get an increase of 30% or higher.I have a question for the experts,why does the hydro- 4000 doesn't have a bubbler?Instead it has an air filter.From what i read here and other forums bubblers are a must.
06-17-2008 01:36 PM
qsiguy Offline

Well....here's my opinion, seems everyone has one Smile I think their "filter" is more of a moisture trap/filter. It doesn't look like they have any flash protection. Maybe they have a low pressure plug that can pop in the event of a backflash. As far as how necessary they are, I think 99 % of the time you won't need it. The chances are rare for a backflash on a modern car. Also, depending on how you plumb the outlet there won't be much HHO in the generator at one time. It is being sucked out of the generator constantly so it can't really build up much gas. If you were to get a backflash there wouldn't be much gas. If you have a plug that can pop that may be enough.

That said if you do get a backflash and the conditions are such that there is a significant volume of HHO in the generator you can do a fair amount of damage, how much do you want to bet on that 1%? There are other precautions that will lower the odds of an incident like wiring the unit such that it won't run unless the car is running.

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
06-17-2008 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ptours99 Offline

it also serves a dual purpose in that it scrubs the gas of any remainder of electrolyte solution before entering your engine.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
06-17-2008 03:43 PM
vestaviascott Offline

The site says that the tests are inconclusive since the Durango's pre-test mileage was highly irregular and suspect. So they are doing a retest on a Chevy Tahoe that has more accurate pre-test numbers.

It will be great to see the results on July 9th when they retest the vehicle after running the unit for a month.

I'm trying to convince some contacts I have at GM of the value of this technology, so I'm highly anticipating the results of this test.

The GM folks are very skeptical and equate this to similar failed attempts at increasing fuel economy. They believe that if it worked as advertised, the folks from Toyota or Honda would have surely picked up on it by now.

What I would like to see is an R&D effort from GM to see if this technology is feasible for improving the efficiency of a production automobile. It looks like Ronn Motor Company is willing to take that challenge with their scorpion concept car which is set to be the first production car to have an onboard HHO system.

Vestavia Hills, Al
1996 Infiniti I-30 (20 mpg)
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Gaz Guzzler - wife driver 14 mpg
06-18-2008 04:18 AM
nyc_tek Offline

vestaviascott Wrote:The GM folks are very skeptical and equate this to similar failed attempts at increasing fuel economy. They believe that if it worked as advertised, the folks from Toyota or Honda would have surely picked up on it by now.

What I would like to see is an R&D effort from GM to see if this technology is feasible for improving the efficiency of a production automobile. It looks like Ronn Motor Company is willing to take that challenge with their scorpion concept car which is set to be the first production car to have an onboard HHO system.

Thanks for the info at GM,i sure hope the retest will prove to the public Hydrogen from water does work.Take a look at this other video St. Lucie sheriff installs gas-saver as test on patrol cars...

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jun/13/g...help-save/
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2008 03:34 PM by nyc_tek.)
06-18-2008 03:33 PM
76GP Offline

This looks good to me for I have a 01 Dodge Dakota quad cab 4x4 with 33" tires 4.7 V8 I got 12mpg made my own gen with no bubbler yet (making one) after first fill up got 15mpg I think that I can match their findings and try to make mine better and for alot less than $1200. Right now I have less than $100 in 2 gens I just put one on my 91 toyota 4x4 22re.
06-18-2008 05:29 PM
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up

We have two guys in our fire department that put them on their personal vehicles for over $1200 buck plus installation.......neither one of them worked to the point where they saw any improvements in their mileage or in the way their vehicles ran. Over priced and over hyped without a clear guide to the consumer over exactly what to expect from certain vehicles........Not all vehicles are created equal and these things just do not work the same in every vehicle but they advertise them like they do......

"Life is but a tire swing"
06-21-2008 12:24 PM
jksav7 Offline

I've got one of those too. Keep us updated on how they work.

76GP Wrote:I just put one on my 91 toyota 4x4 22re.
06-21-2008 05:53 PM