Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nissan March with Quad Digital EFIE Basic
HHO_spain Offline

Nissan March with Quad Digital EFIE Basic
Hello everyone, I am a newbie from Spain, I am installing an HHO generator (dry cell) in my Nissan March, and I had problems with my EFIE.

Car: Nissan March (known in Europe as Nissan Micra)
Model: K11, 1.0 L (998cc) 55 HP
Engine: CG10DE. The 1.0 L (998cc) CG10DE was built from the introduction of the Nissan Micra K11 in January 1992 until it was replaced by the K12 series in 2002. The engine originally produced 55 PS or 60 PS (41 kW / 44 kW) @6000 rpm and 79 nm @4000 rpm
Year: 2000
Dry cell: 16 plates, 6 inches x 6 inches (15 cm x 15 cm). SS 316L
Configuration: +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN–
16Amp --> 1 lpm HHO
Oxigen Sensor: 1, narrow band, upstream catalytic converter, 3 wires

Signal wire detected using my volt meter, this wire got values from 0.1 V to 0.9 V (I only can see values from 0.2 to 0,8, almost always between 0,3 and 0,7)

I got a Quad Digital EFIE Basic:

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/digit...efie-basic

In my first test with this EFIE, I configured the EFIE value to 300mV but the car got a lot of problems: mix air/fuel was too lean.

In my second test I configured the EFIE value to 400mV but the car still has power loss in 5th gear and climbing hills. In 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th works great.

The only thing I can think of to improve this is to change my oxygen sensor or setup the EFIE with a value of 410mV or 420mV, but I have margin of improvement very small.

Some suggestion? How often (in miles) should I change my oxygen sensor?

Thanks

Edit: It's a small car, only 1 liter

[Image: 400px-Nissan_Micra_front_20071002.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2010 12:53 PM by HHO_spain.)
05-31-2010 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Nissan March with Quad Digital EFIE Basic
(05-31-2010 09:30 AM)HHO_spain Wrote:  Hello everyone, I am a newbie from Spain, I am installing an HHO generator (dry cell) in my Nissan March, and I had problems with my EFIE.

Car: Nissan March (known in Europe as Nissan Micra)
Model: K11, 1.0 L (998cc) 55 HP
Engine: CG10DE. The 1.0 L (998cc) CG10DE was built from the introduction of the Nissan Micra K11 in January 1992 until it was replaced by the K12 series in 2002. The engine originally produced 55 PS or 60 PS (41 kW / 44 kW) @6000 rpm and 79 nm @4000 rpm
Year: 2000
Dry cell: 16 plates, 6 inches x 6 inches (15 cm x 15 cm). SS 316L
Configuration: +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN–
16Amp --> 1 lpm HHO
Oxigen Sensor: 1, narrow band, upstream catalytic converter, 3 wires

Signal wire detected using my volt meter, this wire got values from 0.1 V to 0.9 V (I only can see values from 0.2 to 0,8, almost always between 0,3 and 0,7)

I got a Quad Digital EFIE Basic:

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/digit...efie-basic

In my first test with this EFIE, I configured the EFIE value to 300mV but the car got a lot of problems: mix air/fuel was too lean.

In my second test I configured the EFIE value to 400mV but the car still has power loss in 5th gear and climbing hills. In 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th works great.

The only thing I can think of to improve this is to change my oxygen sensor or setup the EFIE with a value of 410mV or 420mV, but I have margin of improvement very small.

Some suggestion? How often (in miles) should I change my oxygen sensor?

Thanks

If it was too lean at 300mv surely it's even leaner at 400mv. you need to go the other way. Try 225 mv.
05-31-2010 09:43 AM
mike Offline

Actually, that's not correct, thomasbala. He has a digital EFIE, and these set opposite.

However, it sounds like something is wrong with the installation. The Quad Digital has 2 digital EFIEs, and 2 analog EFIEs. Please verify that you connected your sensor to one of the digital EFIEs. See the installation instructions for the diagram. You can see that here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieIns...gital.html .

Now, you should also connect the 2nd digital input to ground, since you're not using it. The only reason for doing this is so that the LED associated with the 2nd digital EFIE doesn't blink on and off randomly. That makes it hard to answer the next question: Is your green LED blinking? If it is not blinking while the engine is idling, then something is very wrong with the install and this must be debugged before you will get results.

With a digital EFIE, 400 mv will really not do anything at all. 300 mv is a very conservative setting and shouldn't cause trouble. Now, if you were to find you had connected to the analog inputs, then these voltages would not work very well. Actually the 300 MIGHT work, but likely 250 would be better.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-31-2010 10:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HHO_spain Offline

(05-31-2010 10:13 AM)mike Wrote:  Actually, that's not correct, thomasbala. He has a digital EFIE, and these set opposite.

However, it sounds like something is wrong with the installation. The Quad Digital has 2 digital EFIEs, and 2 analog EFIEs. Please verify that you connected your sensor to one of the digital EFIEs. See the installation instructions for the diagram. You can see that here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieIns...gital.html .

Now, you should also connect the 2nd digital input to ground, since you're not using it. The only reason for doing this is so that the LED associated with the 2nd digital EFIE doesn't blink on and off randomly. That makes it hard to answer the next question: Is your green LED blinking? If it is not blinking while the engine is idling, then something is very wrong with the install and this must be debugged before you will get results.

With a digital EFIE, 400 mv will really not do anything at all. 300 mv is a very conservative setting and shouldn't cause trouble. Now, if you were to find you had connected to the analog inputs, then these voltages would not work very well. Actually the 300 MIGHT work, but likely 250 would be better.

Thank you Mike,

Yes, my green LED is blinking. I got the fist wire to 12V, the second to ground, the third to O2 sensor and the forth to Computer. No more wires conected.

[Image: QuadDigitalBasicWireKey.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2010 10:24 AM by HHO_spain.)
05-31-2010 10:22 AM
HHO_spain Offline

I did a test for 5 minutes, I turn my car on and count how many times the green led blinked:

In the first minute 11 times
In the second minute 6 times
In the third minute 3 times
In the fourth minute 7 times
In the fiveth minute 8 times

Most of the time this led is off

Please,

What means the green led on?
What means the green led off?

Thanks for your time
06-01-2010 08:27 AM
mike Offline

(06-01-2010 08:27 AM)HHO_spain Wrote:  Please,

What means the green led on?
What means the green led off?

Thanks for your time

Please see the installation instructions again. Near the bottom go to the section titled, "Additional Notes" and see point #3.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-01-2010 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HHO_spain Offline

(06-01-2010 08:48 AM)mike Wrote:  Please see the installation instructions again. Near the bottom go to the section titled, "Additional Notes" and see point #3.

I read the point #3 i think u mean the point #4

3. A couple of adjustment tips: 1) If your "check engine" light comes on, you've likely set the EFIE too lean, and the computer thinks your oxygen sensor is on the fritz. This can also be caused by mis-wiring the EFIE, so make sure you're hooked up correctly. 2) If you lose horsepower, you've got an incorrect setting, as fuel efficiency devices should increase horsepower proportionately with the increase in MPG (as well as decrease emissions). 3) If you have a high temperature probe, run down the highway with the fuel efficiency devices turned off, long enough to get the engine up to full operating temperature, and note the temp of your exhaust pipe, near the exhaust manifold. As you increase your EFIE setting, this temperature may increase. Don't let it raise more than 180 degrees from your initial test.

4. The green LEDs are for the 2 Digital EFIE circuits. Each LED is for one of the digital circuits. The LED comes on when the output of that digital circuit is high, and goes off when it is low. When the car is in closed loop operation, meaning that the computer is using the sensors to calculate the air/fuel ratio, then the green LEDs should be blinking on and off. This is normal. In a correctly installed and set EFIE, the only time the blinking will stop is when the engine is under heavy load, such as going up hill or acceleration. But when you are idling or cruising, if you don't see the green LEDs blinking, then something is wrong. It will mean that the EFIE is set with too low of a voltage at it's set points (turned the pot clockwise too far), you have the dip switch in the wrong position for your engine, or you have connected to the wrong wire, and the voltage on that wire is above the set point all the time. If the LEDs are never lighting up, then something is very wrong. Either the EFIE has no power, or there is no voltage on the sensor wire, or the dip switch is in the wrong position.

If the LED comes on when the output of that digital circuit is high, my question is:

What will do the ECU when read high? lean the mix or otherwise?

got any sense for you the numbers i put in my other post:

I did a test for 5 minutes, I turn my car on and count how many times the green led blinked:

In the first minute 11 times
In the second minute 6 times
In the third minute 3 times
In the fourth minute 7 times
In the fiveth minute 8 times

Most of the time this led is off
06-01-2010 01:36 PM
mike Offline

A correctly functioning narrow band oxygen sensor constantly changes from a high to a low state. The ECU expects this to happen, and if it doesn't it will consider that the sensor has failed and ignore it. High is above .45 volts. Low is below .45 volts. That's just the way they work.

I'm a bit concerned that your sensors are changing so infrequently. Usually they change state around once per second. I wonder if you have some very old oxygen sensors, or perhaps the ones you have have been abused (leaded fuel kills oxygen sensors). If your sensors have over 100K miles (220K KM), then you need to replace them. If the sensors are shot then you will never get good fuel mileage.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-01-2010 05:55 PM
HHO_spain Offline

I changed my old oxigen sensor, and I solved all the problems i got, now i need make another milleage test but i think it's done. My EFIE is now set to 300mV, i will try with 250mV and look if i am not loosing power.

Thanks a lot Mike
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2010 06:54 AM by HHO_spain.)
06-14-2010 06:54 AM
mike Offline

Excellent news. You're welcome. Smile

Visit Our Documents Page
06-14-2010 08:47 AM