Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nissan sentra troubles with HHO
jandrews3 Offline

Sad Nissan sentra troubles with HHO
Any one out there install an HHO on there early 90's Nissan sentra? I have and I'm having plenty of trouble getting results. in fact my mileage dropped by about 4 mpg with HHO and EFIE installed. I turn it off and my mileage goes back up.

I have 1.6 L 4 cyl. fuel injection.

running at 7 amps, EFIE at .330mV

Any body have any ideas that could help me out to figure out why I'm seeing less mileage and not the same or better mileage?

thanks
06-06-2012 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Nissan sentra troubles with HHO
What kind of EFIE? 330 mv is probably just too high and you're putting your engine into an error condition. Do you get a check engine light? This is assuming you're using an analog EFIE.

If you have a digital EFIE, then you aren't running low enough to have an effect. Try running at 200 or even lower.

Are you also treating your downstream sensor? That will probably be important to do also.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-06-2012 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jandrews3 Offline

I have a dual digital EFIE. I only have one sensor upstream, none downstream. NO CEL. I tried differnent lower voltages. I've tried .250, .160, 300, and now 330mV. Same result, no increase. I've tried starting over, turn off EFIE and run HHO at 4 amps and increase from there. At 4 amps I get a lot of soft throttle and really rough running at all RPM's. I will try turning up the amps as suggested by Dot.
06-06-2012 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I've seen digital EFIEs set as low as .75 mV, so you can still go lower. It's possible you have to go that low.

You should also look for other things wrong. You can use this checklist as a guide: http://www.dry-cells.com/dry-cell-debug-checklist

You can also try using the analog EFIE. I've seen cases where the analog EFIEs work better on older cars. This is pretty unlikely. However, if you try this and have good success, let me know. I need that kind of data to be able to better help others.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-07-2012 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply