Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Electrolyzer?
skiers4ever Offline

No Electrolyzer?
Hi All,

Has anyone used a device called a Protium Power Conditioner on their HHO system? I believe it's suppose to eliminate the need of an electolyzer so one can just use distilled or rain water without putting baking soda, vinegar, KOH etc. in it at all. It costs around $180. If it does work, is it worth the cost? I've heard baking soda and KOH can damage an engine (and the HHO unit itself)...is that true? If so, than this device would be worth it if, in fact, it does work?

Thanks!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
05-25-2008 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: No Electrolyzer?
Don't know about the Protium Power Conditioner, but KOH will not damage your engine if you use a bubbler or two to scrub the gas before it gets into the engine. Baking soda is not recommended in an electrolyzer.
05-25-2008 10:09 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Thanks for the reply and forgive me as I am new to this, but what is a Bubbler and where should it be installed? Thanks! John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
05-25-2008 10:15 PM
jksav7 Offline

A bubbler is a second body of water, separate from the electrolyte in the booster, that the output gas from the booster must pass through before it enters the air intake of the engine. The output hose from the booster connects to the bottom of the bubbler so that the hydroxy bubbles rise to the top, being scrubbed by the water as the bubbles pass through. The hydroxy bubbles escape the water in the bubbler, making their way to the top of the bubbler container where there will be an exit port (fitting) with a hose attached that will take the gas to the intake.

Do a search on youtube for "hho bubbler", or something like that, and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of good ideas.

skiers4ever Wrote:Thanks for the reply and forgive me as I am new to this, but what is a Bubbler and where should it be installed? Thanks! John
05-25-2008 11:41 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Ahhh. Didn't know that's what it was called. I have that already in my Hydro Super 2 system so that's good. Thanks! John

jksav7 Wrote:A bubbler is a second body of water, separate from the electrolyte in the booster, that the output gas from the booster must pass through before it enters the air intake of the engine. The output hose from the booster connects to the bottom of the bubbler so that the hydroxy bubbles rise to the top, being scrubbed by the water as the bubbles pass through. The hydroxy bubbles escape the water in the bubbler, making their way to the top of the bubbler container where there will be an exit port (fitting) with a hose attached that will take the gas to the intake.

Do a search on youtube for "hho bubbler", or something like that, and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of good ideas.

skiers4ever Wrote:Thanks for the reply and forgive me as I am new to this, but what is a Bubbler and where should it be installed? Thanks! John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
05-26-2008 11:36 AM
Fatman1 Offline

OK now I'm lost again :|
I been using HaOH and not KOH
a good site is http://www.flotronicpumps.co.uk/template...page:0004S to see what works with what
will KOH work better than NaOH?
I try to keep things eazy and cheapWink
Also dose anyone know how I can make my own distilled water, as I'm out where God forgot to put stores and I seem to use alot of itBig Grin
Can I ask what your Hydro Super 2 system make in LPM?
Thanks
05-28-2008 03:54 PM
colchiro Offline

Water from your dehumidifier or A/C would be better than tap water. If you live in the country (no acid rain) you could try rain water too.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2008 03:56 PM by colchiro.)
05-28-2008 03:55 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Fatman1 Wrote:OK now I'm lost again :|
I been using HaOH and not KOH
a good site is http://www.flotronicpumps.co.uk/template...page:0004S to see what works with what
will KOH work better than NaOH?
I try to keep things eazy and cheapWink
Also dose anyone know how I can make my own distilled water, as I'm out where God forgot to put stores and I seem to use alot of itBig Grin
Can I ask what your Hydro Super 2 system make in LPM?
Thanks

Hi Fatman1, I just installed my Hydro Super 2 and I haven't measured output. Seller says 2 lpm but another on the board only got 1 lpm. However, the seller stated that the test was inaccurate since the system requires a slight vacuum for it to produce...I just don't know enough to say either way. I know I've gotten a minimum of a 24% gain so far on MPG (that's city driving...mostly short trips...10-15 minute lengths...barely getting the generator to full production, if at all) but I haven't finished my tests yet so I won't post until I'm sure of the results. I'm using rain water (actually snow-melt) but I agree with the other post about using water from an A/C or dehumidifier. I think that would work. You're right...it has been difficult to find distilled water. Wal-Mart had none, but I did find some at my supermarket. Haven't used it yet though as I've got plenty of snow-melt. All the best, John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
05-29-2008 02:01 PM
Fatman1 Offline

Water here is cost about half of what gas is. What kind of amps do u pull when running on the bench. I built a type of smacker and its doing great. I built one just like it and its junkSad
I put togather other from 2 plates 2x4x24 and its doing better than the pile of switch plates. Would just buy one but this is to much funSmile
I took a flasher out of one of the old trucks and going try to wire it in, just to see what happens.( bubbles on bubbles off, bubbles on)
I let you all know when I find out more. Have to go catch some rain how :-)
05-30-2008 07:20 PM