Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No hho, tryed the B cell
jjw2564 Offline

No hho, tryed the B cell
Just need some more help. I built a small sell +-+-+-+-+-+, and I have read that it will produce to much heat and boil. So changed mine to the B cell -N-NNNN+N+, where the first 3 N are passive neg and the last 3 N are Passive positive. I tryed with 14V and it only uses 1.5A. Just not enough amps to produce any thing. I got very little hho. I tired a mix of dis water, dis vinegar, Hydro peroxide. And nothing helped, I could not raise the amps. ever 75% hydro peroxide did not produce any more hho. My housing only fits 15 oz of mixture, is it to small. It was the G4F design. I see alot of people using lye. Does it work and were can I get some. Unless this my cell +- is not good enough. Im just trying to get some thing working. Can anyone help.
02-26-2009 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: No hho, tryed the B cell
When you go from 12v across a set of plates to closer to 2v, you need a lot stronger mixture.

Some people use Roebic (drain cleaner) from Lowes, since it fairly pure.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-26-2009 02:01 PM
thomasbala Offline

(02-26-2009 12:47 PM)jjw2564 Wrote:  Just need some more help. I built a small sell +-+-+-+-+-+, and I have read that it will produce to much heat and boil. So changed mine to the B cell -N-NNNN+N+, where the first 3 N are passive neg and the last 3 N are Passive positive. I tryed with 14V and it only uses 1.5A. Just not enough amps to produce any thing. I got very little hho. I tired a mix of dis water, dis vinegar, Hydro peroxide. And nothing helped, I could not raise the amps. ever 75% hydro peroxide did not produce any more hho. My housing only fits 15 oz of mixture, is it to small. It was the G4F design. I see alot of people using lye. Does it work and were can I get some. Unless this my cell +- is not good enough. Im just trying to get some thing working. Can anyone help.
You could probably build a TV if you put your mind to it, but it's a lot cheaper to buy one and it works better than if you made it yourself. Think about buying a proven cell along with an EFIE and concentrate on getting better mpg for your car or truck instead of reinventing the wheel. You'll spend just as much, but there's less frustration. Just getting the EFIE set right can be a daunting challenge. Spend your time where it will benefit you the most, or as an old friend of mine kept telling me: "Stop stepping over dollars to pick up dimes!"
02-26-2009 02:03 PM
jjw2564 Offline

[/color]
(02-26-2009 02:01 PM)colchiro Wrote:  When you go from 12v across a set of plates to closer to 2v, you need a lot stronger mixture.

Some people use Roebic (drain cleaner) from Lowes, since it fairly pure.

[color=#0000CD]How much roebic should I mix in with dist water.
02-26-2009 03:44 PM
colchiro Offline

I like to mix a powered electrolyte with water to dissolve it at a high concentration, then slowly add it to a cell filled about 1/3 to half full with distilled water until I get to about 10 amps. Then I'd fill most of the way with water and tune from there. Most cells will draw several more amps as it warms up.

I believe you'll need at least a couple teaspoons, but it depends on the size of the cell and the plate configuration.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
02-26-2009 04:01 PM
Zipstor Offline

I don't reckon the key to make the B-Cell to work is about the quality of electrolyte. Refer to the other post I made about this. I suggest you get in touch with Bryan or go for some readings on oupower forum.

>> http://brownsgas.com
02-26-2009 04:05 PM
Gary Offline

But you are comparing peroxide to NaOH. No comparison.
02-26-2009 04:17 PM
Zipstor Offline

I recall it says KOH in the PDF anyway..

>> http://brownsgas.com
02-26-2009 04:19 PM
Gary Offline

Even better.
02-26-2009 04:43 PM