Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No mpg gain at all
bgojkovich Offline

No mpg gain at all
I have the dual efie connected to a saturn ion 05 the front o2 I have at 80 mv and the rear 300 mv...I have the hho system putting out about .6 lpm , on the 2.2 liter engine...I know the efie is working cause I can just about kill the engine when I change the front o2 down to about 10 mv...so what are the best settings for the front o2 and rear o2? Do I need a map enhancer?

Thanks for any info
07-18-2012 12:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: No mpg gain at all
That all sounds pretty good. I might back off on that rear EFIE a bit. I don't usually like to see more than about .25 on rear sensors. But basically that all sounds pretty good.

Is the green LED blinking when you are idling?

Do you have any error codes?

How many miles on the car? I'm assuming you have original o2 sensors, so I want to see how many miles you have on them. Saturn doesn't use heaters so they likely will wear out much more quickly than others.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-18-2012 02:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bgojkovich Offline

The green led is blinking and about 114k miles...I too am assuming that they are the original o2 sensors...we get one pending code p0138 and sometimes a check engine light with that code mainly either going up hill or down hill...now we usually get about 36 mpg without hho system
Another thing is I'm pretty sure this saturn does use heaters...it has 4 wires going to each o2 sensor and per the instructions that came with the efie 2 are ground 1 signal wire and 1 12v heater wire...my saturn ion 3 has that exact configuration...on each sensor 2 ground 1 12v and 1 signal wire
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 06:19 PM by bgojkovich.)
07-18-2012 05:26 PM
mike Offline

Ok, I get it. That code means you have an "unresponsive" rear sensor. Keep backing off on the rear sensor until it goes away. If you're now on .25 volts, then go back to .2 volts. Eventually the code will go away. Until the computer stops seeing a fault, you won't get any gains. The computer will richen the mixture.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-19-2012 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bgojkovich Offline

Thanks alot...I'll keep at it

I appreciate all the help you and the other members have given me...by far the best info about hho I have found
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 08:58 AM by bgojkovich.)
07-19-2012 08:55 AM
bgojkovich Offline

Got an error code p 0136 says sensor circuit malfunction...since it's a different code should I keep adjusting it?
07-19-2012 01:26 PM
bgojkovich Offline

Do pending codes count or just if the check engine light comes on?
07-19-2012 04:26 PM
mike Offline

Here is the link to your p0136 code: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0136 . It sounds like you went too far and now need to add back some voltage on the rear sensor. Also, you may have leaned the down the front EFIE, and then needed to lean the rear EFIE some more too.

Pending codes should be handled because whatever caused the pending code will continue, and eventually cause the check engine light to come on.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-20-2012 07:17 AM
bgojkovich Offline

Thanks I think i narrowed down the problem...when you put a pen in the rear signal wire you get the normal reading it jumps around 1v but as soon as you cut the signal wire the wire connected to the o2 jumps to around 12v... Now if you reconnect the 2 wires back together you get the 1v...what could be causing this and how do I go about fixing such a problem...again this is the analog sensor, rear o2 sensor

Thanks again
07-20-2012 05:38 PM
mike Offline

What the wires do when they aren't connected doesn't matter. Only what they do when they are connected. Once you locate the correct wire, then, when you connect it to the EFIE, it will also be OK.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-23-2012 06:07 AM