Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not getting any results?????
bdub Offline

Sad Not getting any results?????
Hi everyone,

I built a 11 plate cell design that is (- N N N N + N N N N -). The cell produces around 600mL per minute @ 14amps mixed with .5 tsp of NaOH. I have installed the cell and bubbler on a 02' Buick Regal 3.8L. I have tried inserting the HHO in the air/intake just before the baffle and did not see any results. I then tried running the HHO in a vacuum line and also have not see any results maybe even a little decrease in MPGSad. I am don't know what to do next. Does anyone have any input that I could try?
Thank you.
07-21-2008 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EdGe7 Offline

RE: Not getting any results?????
bdub Wrote:Hi everyone,

I built a 11 plate cell design that is (- N N N N + N N N N -). The cell produces around 600mL per minute @ 14amps mixed with .5 tsp of NaOH. I have installed the cell and bubbler on a 02' Buick Regal 3.8L. I have tried inserting the HHO in the air/intake just before the baffle and did not see any results. I then tried running the HHO in a vacuum line and also have not see any results maybe even a little decrease in MPGSad. I am don't know what to do next. Does anyone have any input that I could try?
Thank you.

bdub,

You haven't stated if you are modifying any sensors. You are running OBDII on that car. Unfortunately, there is a high probability that you won't see any results unless you modify one or more of your sensors. The two main sensors that are being modified are MAP/MAF and the O2 sensors. Hope that gives you some direction to go.

- E.J.

"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits."
07-21-2008 08:54 AM
bdub Offline

EdGe7 Wrote:
bdub Wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you.

bdub,

You haven't stated if you are modifying any sensors. You are running OBDII on that car. Unfortunately, there is a high probability that you won't see any results unless you modify one or more of your sensors. The two main sensors that are being modified are MAP/MAF and the O2 sensors. Hope that gives you some direction to go.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I have not done any modifications to my sensors. I did purchase a circuit to lean my O2 sensors, but I have not completed that task yet. I will build that circuit up this week and test it out. I hope this is the problem. I just read all these results with no mods and was wondering why I have not see any. Thank you for the input.
07-21-2008 09:05 AM
EdGe7 Offline

bdub Wrote:Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I have not done any modifications to my sensors. I did purchase a circuit to lean my O2 sensors, but I have not completed that task yet. I will build that circuit up this week and test it out. I hope this is the problem. I just read all these results with no mods and was wondering why I have not see any. Thank you for the input.

Every car is a little different. Good luck!

- E.J.

"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits."
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2008 09:16 AM by EdGe7.)
07-21-2008 09:16 AM
BStewart Offline

EdGe7 Wrote:
bdub Wrote:Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I have not done any modifications to my sensors. I did purchase a circuit to lean my O2 sensors, but I have not completed that task yet. I will build that circuit up this week and test it out. I hope this is the problem. I just read all these results with no mods and was wondering why I have not see any. Thank you for the input.

Hi there..so what your telling us all is that to realize the full potential of your HHO induction system kit is that you have to treat all your O2 pre cat , MAP/MAF senors to keep the ECU happy ? Right ? If you don't your mileage gain will be minimal .
07-21-2008 01:14 PM
EdGe7 Offline

BStewart Wrote:
EdGe7 Wrote:

Hi there..so what your telling us all is that to realize the full potential of your HHO induction system kit is that you have to treat all your O2 pre cat , MAP/MAF senors to keep the ECU happy ? Right ? If you don't your mileage gain will be minimal .

In some cases only either the MAP/MAF or O2 sensors need to be modified. I started with MAF since I could build the enhancer with easy to find parts at local electronics shops. The EFIE is a different story, that one seems like I am just going to run into a boat load of trouble locating all the parts, but I will eventually modify my O2 as well. Whether you need to modify both O2 sensors and MAP/MAF is really a trial and error phase.

If you have a V cylinder vehicle (v6 or v8) you will have two O2 sensors before the CAT. (Bank 1 and Bank 2). Both of these would need to be modified in order to have a consistent signal going to the ECM/ECU. Of course you would need to determine if you have O2 sensors or AFR sensors.

So essentially, YES, you will more than likely need to modify these sensors on any OBDII vehicle to see any decent gains.

Without them, the ECU will detect the added oxygen and think the car is running lean and add more fuel, so you can essentially see negative loss if you add the HHO system without any sensor modifications.

- E.J.

07-21-2008 02:52 PM